I participated in Friend Makin’ Mondays on my old blog, and now I plan to do it here! If you want to join the fun just go to Kasey’s blog, All That Is Good, to get involved.
This week, the top is:
Ten Things I Love About Summer
1) The warmth and beauty of bright, sunny days. And I LOVE that the days are longer. I’ve never been a fan of the dark. hehe
2) Going for walks with my dog without having to bundle up.
3) Not worrying about slipping on snow and/or ice. I can fall without snow and ice, but at least it won’t be quite as easy. hehe
5) Driving the Jaguar with the top down…Soooooo nice.
6) Going to the driving range and playing golf.
7) My birthday which is usually one of the best days of my year. 😉 What can I say? I love myself. 😉 This year we’re going sailing then having Thai food. I did it yesterday too just to be sure it’s fun. 😉 Actually, I already knew it was fun. hehe
8) Fresh watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, and other fresh fruit.
9) Shopping in outdoor malls, as I plan to do this week.
10) Eating dinner outside, on my balcony — we did that tonight. Fun times.
It wasn’t hard to list 10 things I love about summer. But I’ve never enjoyed this season like I have since moving to New York. Summers are so much milder here. We have humid days, but it’s not the norm as it was when I was growing up in the South and the Midwest. Summer, here, is warm enough to be enjoyed, but not warm enough to make me miserable. And that’s just one more reason that I’ll be forever grateful that I was able to move here! 🙂