Discipline Emotions Exercise Meeting Motivation Weigh-In Weight Watchers WW Points

I Knew It Could Happen, But I Still Don’t Like It

This is the first week, since I started losing weight a few months ago that I haven’t shown a weight loss at my weigh-in. And I feel completely sad about it. I tried to keep my emotions under control when I found out, but I feel like crying a little at the moment.

My weight stayed the same though I worked out so aggressively this week. And I ate healthy foods, drank water…I honestly didn’t do anything wrong. My problem, believe it or not, seems to be that I need to eat more! Can you imagine?!

And it makes sense. It has worked for me before. The weeks I use all of my WW Points are the weeks that I show big losses. And my leader tonight mentioned that if I’m going to exercise this much then I need to eat a little more than normal.  She recommended that I eat (no more than) 4 extra activity points per day so that’s my plan for this week.

Pam, a woman in our group, said she took my advice last week, and it paid off for her. She was exercising more and didn’t show a loss.  I suggested that she try eating a few of her activity points for the same reasons that I should eat mine.  Ha!
Here’s the good news…In spite of my overwhelming disappointment tonight, I am still so completely excited about losing weight.  I am still excited about exercising, and not one ounce of me would even consider giving up.
I know I did my best this week, and I know that I just need to adjust a little this week so I can see the results I hope to see next week.  My goal: eat more protein, particularly after working out.
The beauty in this is that if I keep trying, eventually I’ll see the results I want to see.  And that is exactly what I’m going to do.

Jessica
    June 12, 2009 at 2:24 am

Even though you didn't lose, you still have such a good attitude towards it. That attitude is contagious!

Maybe you gained some muscle this week from all of the working out. They say muscle weighs more than fat.

Good luck this coming week!

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 12, 2009 at 3:00 am

Thanks Jessica! It's nice to know that my positive attitude is "contagious." That makes me feel so much better!

FitToSeeJane
    June 12, 2009 at 3:39 am

Hi KT, I am a weight watcher, though I've never blogged about it. I joined in 2005 and since then I've lost 100 lbs! Sometimes the weight just doesn't go, even if you've done everything right, but I do agree with eating more protein and only adding 4 activity points max. I love running now and often 'earn over 12 activity points, but I never use more than 4. Seein newcomers inspires me because I haven't reached goal yet. I'd like to follow and see how it goes!

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 12, 2009 at 4:17 am

Hi Jane!

Thanks so much for sharing. I earn 9 to 14 activity points everyday, but I'll limit the extra to 4. I find it difficult to eat all of my regular points so eating more will be a challenge, but I'll do it.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you come back often.

Sassy
    June 12, 2009 at 5:18 am

Wow – I love your spirit. It is so hard sometimes when you feel your body is not cooperating with your efforts. Thank you for reminding me that the journey is worth it and we need to trust the process. Good luck to you and enjoy eating your Activity points:)

Xazmin
    June 12, 2009 at 8:06 am

Love your attitude!

Connie Weiss
    June 12, 2009 at 2:03 pm

It's hard for me to wrap my head around having to eat more when exercising but it does make sense. I try to compare my body to a car engine and if you don't put gas in the car….you don't go anywhere. But if you DO put GOOD GAS in the car! Your engine can run like crazy!

Have a great week!

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 12, 2009 at 3:34 pm

That's so true Connie. Thanks for putting it that way. And thanks to all of you for the encouragement. I hope I have great news after next week's weigh-in.