Accessories Beauty Lifestyle Reflection

Feelin’ Good About Myself…Inside and Out…

Regardless of size, I think it’s important to feel good about ourselves. It’s not as easy for me as it is for some, but I do my best. And when I make a little effort I feel cute and girly.

Here’s a few things that make me feel lovely:

I love this soap from Trader Joe’s. It smells good without being overpowering, and it lasts FOREVER. It’s an “all vegetable, French Milled bar” that leaves my skin feeling clean and soft…Did I mention that it lasts forever?!

I also like to smell nice. I wear “Touch of Pink” perfume by LaCoste though I also wear “The Beat” by Burberry when I want to smell more expensive like a grown up. 😉

And I think my favorite part of being a girl, at least currently, is carrying a hawt bag like this one made by Michael Kors…:)

I wear big sunglasses even when it’s overcast (sometimes.) And I prefer sun dresses over shorts. I do not wear shorts!

I get manicures and pedicures regularly. I wouldn’t dream of going on my beach vacay next week before a man/pedi so my girlfriend and I are going tomorrow. It helps me feel well-groomed and girly too. 😉

Even though I’m not at my goal weight I’m feeling pretty good about myself. Obviously, happiness comes from within, but I definitely think we should do what we can to feel good in small ways too. hehe

What makes you feel pretty?

Scrappy Girl
    July 19, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Ok…I must first say…that bag is AWESOME! Love it.

I love making the little efforts to look good. They make me feel good too…I love having the time to match my purse and accessories to my outfit instead of running out the door with whatever. I love my Betseyville sunglasses…hot pink flip flops…bracelet with a cupcake charm…makes me feel cute! and that sometimes takes a miracle! LOL

Ms. O
    July 19, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Good for you for taking good care of yourself. So many women don't.

Sun dresses? I don't think I've ever owned a sundress, although I'd love to! I, also, don't wear shorts. I tend to wear capris when its warm outside.

you have such good taste!

Cindy
    July 19, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Glad you are feeling so awesome. I also try to find the positive in everything. Just think how wonderful the world would be if everyone's glass was half full.

I have never had my nails or toes done. Maybe it is about time. I break so many nails though and they are never all the same length. Any tips?

{Katie Lane}
    July 19, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Very cute purse, I agree we should do the small things that make us feel good! I like to paint my toe nails pink 🙂

Trudy
    July 20, 2009 at 1:52 am

I love this post Kenlie! It is definitely important to love and like ourselves just where we are. You are such an inspiration!

I went with my two sisters in law yesterday and got my first pedi!! I love it…I think I'm officially addicted now. My toes look so awesome!

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 20, 2009 at 3:42 am

OMG Scrappy! I have a bracelet with a cupcake charm from Tiffany. It's silver with pink enamel (as the icing!) 🙂

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 20, 2009 at 3:43 am

Cindy, if they have a tendency to break a lot then cut them short. Short and very colorful nails = totally stylish. And it's definitely time to try a mani/pedi…it feels great! I had one a few days ago, and I'll have one tomorrow or Tuesday again because I'm on vacation. 🙂 And everyone needs a vacation pedi. 🙂

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 20, 2009 at 3:44 am

Ohhhh Trudy! That's awesome! I'm sp happy that you went! 🙂

Shawn
    July 20, 2009 at 4:18 am

I am so thrilled for you!

Have a wonderful time beach-side and take lots of pictures!

Rhonda
    July 21, 2009 at 3:33 am

I hope you are having a wonderful time! What a great bag! Love it! Cannot wait to see all the wonderful pics! Great job on taking care of yourself! You deserve it!