Lets Make A Veggie Rainbow

My WW leader, Jenn, challenged my group to eat at least 3 different (colored) fruits and veggies everyday this week, in an attempt to eat more healthy foods. You might be surprised by the number of people who don’t eat 5 servings a day anyway which makes this a great challenge.

I love fruits and veggies because I can eat a lot of them without using a lot of points. 😉 I eat green peppers and onions with egg whites for breakfast. And that’s a great way to start the day. Three egg whites = 1 point, and with the veggies it becomes a delicious treat. I also put veggies on the grill once or twice a week. We eat grilled kabobs, and I always cook more veggies that we’ll eat so I can toss them in with eggs or a piece of chicken during the week.

I eat 5 to 9 servings of fruits and veggies each day so I will, obviously, rock this challenge. 🙂 I ate a rainbow of veggies throughout the day yesterday, and I’m doing it again today.

Do you find it difficult to eat all of your fruits and veggies? Or do you have tricks that make eating vegetables easy? Do you think that 5 a day really does keep the doctor away?

Lins
    July 11, 2009 at 11:36 pm

I eat one or two and know I should eat more.

Anonymous
    July 11, 2009 at 11:37 pm

I hate all vegtable.

Trudy
    July 12, 2009 at 2:28 am

When I am actually trying to eat healthy I find it somewhat difficult to get them all in. I enjoy a variety of fruits and veggies, it's just a matter of remembering to get them in!

Good for you though…very healthy and (mostly) free of points for you on WW!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings
    July 12, 2009 at 3:13 am

I love fruits and veggies…I just find it harder to eat them…..so much easier to grab a bag of chips than cut up an apple or a carrot. I KNOW they are so much better for me.

I used to be good and would cut up all my veggies right when I got home from the store and put them in individual serving bags to grab…but I got lazy once again…..

Thanks for the reminder on being good!!

~Becca

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 12, 2009 at 4:34 am

Becca, I know what you mean! I spend so much more $$ than I have to on things like bags of individual servings of apples. But it works for me, and it's not so bad since I'm buying for myself and not a whole family.

And I do what you did with fruits and veggies. I cut them up the day I buy them so they're convenient to eat later. How lazy am I, hm? 🙂 But again, I'll do it since it works for me…wow, I'm silly. hehe

Amber
    July 12, 2009 at 8:31 am

I try to eat a lot of fruits & veggies. I think we eat a very good balance, but we could definitely get A LOT more in!

That pictures is so pretty, lol. 🙂

Amber
    July 12, 2009 at 8:31 am

Grilled veggies on the BBQ are SO yummy!!

And that omelet sounds great too. I'll have to try it!

Fran
    July 12, 2009 at 11:02 am

The working days I eat my 5 pieces fruit and veggies easily. At work we can choose from 3 different salads everyday so I eat a salad for lunch and veggies at dinner. At breakfast I eat a piece of fruit and in the afternoon another one.

But weekends and days off I find it difficult to eat my 5 pieces. I usually don't eat my two pieces of fruit and only 2 pieces of veggies. So there's a big improvement for me on these days.

Ms. O
    July 12, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I have trouble getting the variety of fruits and veggies into my diet. I tend to stick with the same types of each (califlower, strawberries, bananas, grapes, tomatoes).

I absolutely love grilled veggies! I usually do squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. YUMMIE!

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 12, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Obviously, you all know I agree about grilled veggies. They're so good, aren't they?

Sometimes when I am out of fresh, grilled veggies I buy frozen onions and peppers (or stick them in the freezer after chopping them) so that I can always add them to my egg whites or my pieces of chicken.

Kelli
    July 13, 2009 at 12:35 am

Hi Kenlie. I wanted you to know that I posted about my lovely flip flops! Thanks so much.

♥ Kenlie ♥
    July 13, 2009 at 1:36 am

I just posted Kelli! I hadn't even seen this yet. I hope you love them!