Accessories Friends Lifestyle Vacation

Summer Colors

Manicures and pedicures are part of my regular routine because it’s one thing that helps me feel girly and well-groomed.  I wouldn’t dream of going to the beach without coloring my toes first so my friend, Charlene and I are going to the salon tomorrow.  But I can’t decide if I want to go with a dark shade of red or a lighter shade of taupe.

Or French?

Or maybe dark purple?

Are we seeing a trend here?  In the first picture I’m about to enjoy part of a 100 calorie pack of mini Oreo Caksters. They weren’t kidding when they called them mini so I no longer eat those…
And in the second and third photos, I’m about to enjoy an apple martini (valued at 5 points on WW though these are all pre-healthy lifestyle change photos, and I can tell! Yay!)
And in the last photo, we see what a caramel macchiato looks like when it’s not from Starbucks. 😉  I just think it’s funny that I’m eating and drinking in both photos.  Hmmmm……
So what will it be? Do you prefer certain shades in the Summer that you wouldn’t wear in the Winter? What color are your fingers and toes now?

Trudy
    July 16, 2009 at 11:00 am

I'm terrible about the fingers and toes, I've never had a pedicure! I do pain my own toes though and right now they are a dark pink. I have no nails and so they just go unpainted.

I know…you'd never go to the beach with me, I understand.

Anna
    July 16, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Right now I'm wearing sort of a magenta on my toes, neutral color on my fingers.

I vote red!

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 16, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Hahaha Trudy, you are too funny! Of course I'd go to the beach with you. I care how my toes and fingers look, but not about how my friends' look. Though if you were here I'd drag you to get a pedicure. It feels great.

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 16, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Maybe I'll do that too Anna…darker on my toes and uetral on my finger nails…good idea.

Becca @ The Texas Darlings
    July 16, 2009 at 4:32 pm

For my fingers- it is always a french only because I don't want to have to worry about chips in colors- I have NO time to maintain.

And toes are always a pink or red…I know, I'm boring….

~Becca

Fran
    July 16, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I prefer light shades in the summer and dark in the winter. My toes are pink at this moment and my nails are french.

I stopped with my pedicure several months ago, I had to make choices on what I would spend my money so I dropped this, I know do it myself once a week.

Every 4 weeks I go to my nail studio for gel nails and always french.

Bobbi Jo
    July 16, 2009 at 8:28 pm

I always have my toenails painted. Right now I like the neon Pink and the pale pearly pink. I don't wear colored nail polish on my finger nails I just do too much with them that it doesn't stay on .
    Make sure you show a picture when you get them done. Hugs, Bobbi Jo