Three Things You Didn’t Know About Me

1) I sing. I took voice lessons growing up and even through college. Over the years I sang with Toby Keith and Don Henley from the Eagles. And I opened for Roy Clark. I also sang the national anthem at NBA games, college games and toured Europe with a vocal ensemble.

2) I have fallen in love with ABC Family. I love this station in the afternoons. And when working from home, I leave it on in the background just because everything is so happy on that channel — much like Nick-at-Nite.

3) I love the beach, and I’m looking forward to my beach vacation next week, but I am also nervous. Because I’m heavy, my feet tend to sink in the sand, and I got so tired walking on the beach in the Bahamas. I’m just nervous that it won’t be easy for me, but that’s all the more reason to be excited that I’m heading in a healthy direction. So bring it.

I would love to know three things about those of you who are sweet enough to read my little blog. So leave a comment about yourself or post about yourself on your own blog. Just leave a comment so I know to check it!

FitToSeeJane
    July 14, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I love your blog. Stop by mine 'The Little White Attic' by wednesday. I'm having a drawing.
    I go to weight watchers. I have lost A LOT of weight. Not to goal yet. Reading your blog gets me fired up again.
    I meditate daily.
    I love being in my forties and I'm not afraid to mention it, because I'm so much healther and Happier than my 30's and even most my 20's.
    There's my three things!

thepreppyprincess
    July 14, 2009 at 10:48 pm

I don't know if Blogger just ate my comment or not, so to avoid being repetitious and boring we'll just say we really liked this post! (Waaaah!)
    🙂

Suzanne
    July 15, 2009 at 12:10 am

Wow…Don Henley and Toby Keith…I'm impressed. Let's see…I don't have anything so fantastic but once I was at a Ball in Palm Beach and spilled a cosmo on Donald Trump…right on his white Tux shirt. We were at the cocktail party/silent auction and actually he bumped me, so he was very gracious about it:-)

Scrappy Girl
    July 15, 2009 at 12:38 am

1. I love to travel.
    2. I love to plan parties and holiday gettogethers.
    3. I was adopted as an infant and have 2 adopted little ones.

Trudy
    July 15, 2009 at 2:59 am

Wow…that's quite an impressive list of people you have sung with. I guess my only claim to fame would be that I was on Wheel of Fortune with Brad Johnson (NFL quarterback).

I also sing, but not with the likes of your crew!

Rhonda
    July 15, 2009 at 3:03 am

Wow! I would LOVE to be able to sing REALLY good! That is so cool! You inspire me to exercise and become healthier! Your always on that bike! ;o)

Just keep in mind how far you have come on the beach! Just enjoy! It is my favorite place to be!

Shawn
    July 15, 2009 at 4:11 am

You are precious and way to hard on yourself!

1. I have wonderful intentions but tend not to follow through { I hate that about myself!}

2. I have to wear an ugly, hot , itchy stocking on my leg EVERY day since I suffer with a blot clotting condition.

3. I love hard. My family and friends mean the world to me ~ I hate harder. Don't hurt on of my friends or member of my family especially my girls!

You are going to be beautiful on the beach! My Nannie always said "pretty is as pretty does" from what I can see you are one pretty lady!

♥ Kenlie ♥
    July 15, 2009 at 5:20 am

Awww thanks Shawn! That is such a sweet comment, and it means a lot..Thank you!

I'm so happy to be learning things about you all…it's great!

And at some point during the day I got excited about going to the beach. I will be there with my super hot boyfriend, my adorable dog and some other friends…Now that I've gotten the worry off my chest I can't wait. 🙂

Thanks for listening girls. 🙂

Kristine St Clair
    July 15, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I love your blog! And it's nice to meet you and get to know you. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Good luck with your weigh in and have an awesome time at the beach!!