Accessories Emotions Friends Funny Stuff Shopping

Two Things Every Girls Needs: Good Bras and Good Girlfriends…

I love wearing frilly bras that make me feel pretty, but with so much extra weight it is nearly impossible to find them.  In the last few months I’ve lost enough to wear bras like this:

And this one:

And while these bras are cute, they just don’t offer the kind of unwavering support I need as a plus-size girl.  So my wonderful, amazing, lovely friend Charlene called me this weekend (from the store where she found the cardigans I wanted — in my size, on sale!)  I headed over immediately, of course, and in addition to the cardigans, I also picked up a fantastic dress.
Charlene told me, as only a good girlfriend could, that I needed to try a different bra with the dress.  So she showed me what she thought I needed, and I’m thinking “no way…this is so not going to work.”

But I was wrong.  Not only did it work, but it made me feel instantly pretty!  Needless to say, I bought the bra in multiple colors.  And while it’s a little boring looking, I feel prettier…I stand taller…Thanks to my uber-awesome friend, Charlene, I feel more confident walking down the street. 🙂  Isn’t she the best?!

Yum Yucky
    August 3, 2009 at 5:47 pm

That last black bra looks exactly like what I just bought for my daughter. I buy her the nice stuff and go basic for myself. I've really got to change that! Thanks for the reminder!

♥ Kenz ♥
    August 3, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Yes, you do! You should definitely take care of yourself too! But my mom always did the same for me…she still does..Her kids (even though we're all grown up) are still most important to her. 🙂 Sounds like you're a good mom too…

Kimberly
    August 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Pretty bras are nice, but more times than not a "t-shirt" bra with smooth cups is definitely the way to go!

Fran
    August 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

I love the bra's. I have an addiction for lingerie, have about 50 sets and they have to match with my outfit of the day 🙂

hillary
    August 3, 2009 at 6:46 pm

I think that advice works for all women. I don't have any girlfriends locally anymore and I was feeling really down about it but then I made some on the interwebs and while they aren't here they HELP ME.

Also a good bra is like oxygen. I do not take my bra off until the moment I go to bed. I wear it with pajamas because I just don't feel PRETTY all sagging. TMI?

Christine
    August 3, 2009 at 6:47 pm

I love how you express what you feel. It is great to have good bras and good girlfriends =) You inspire me in so many ways.

♥ Kenz ♥
    August 3, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Ohhh Chris, You are at the top of my list of good girlfriends, girlfriend! 🙂 I do talk a lot, hm? LOL

♥ Kenz ♥
    August 3, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Um, Hilary…I don't think it's too much info (obviously) because I'm the one blabbing about it in the first place. LOL

Trudy
    August 3, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Yay! So happy for you…there really is nothing better than a good fitting bra that makes us feel pretty! I wish we didn't have to deal with them at all, but still.

Scrappy Girl
    August 3, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Bras are so hard to buy! I look forward to wearing frilly ones too. I get mine at Lane Bryant right now. I am not a fan of underwire!

LyndiLou
    August 4, 2009 at 1:20 am

Good friends are such a blessing! 🙂 I'm glad you're feeling pretty and happy… you deserve it!

Keri
    August 4, 2009 at 4:34 am

I think every girl needs 3 things and I am sure Charlene agrees…

Charlene
    August 4, 2009 at 4:34 am

Lol… I'm not sure which three things you mean, but since we tend to think alike at times I'm sure I do agree…

♥ Kenz ♥
    August 4, 2009 at 4:35 am

Well, now someone tell me what the third thing is please? 🙂 I can think of one important thing I left out too. 🙂

Keri
    August 4, 2009 at 4:35 am

It might not be facebook appropriate…I will let Char tell you

Charlene
    August 4, 2009 at 4:36 am

hey, you think it's boring? I think it's sexy… we need to go to LB when you come back, that's where I get mine, they're lacy…. you might like that better… and I was just telling mom tonight I should have gotten of couple of theses… they look like they'd be great for daytime under a T-shirt…. very smooth, b/c it's time to retire the ones I am currently wearing…

♥ Kenz ♥
    August 4, 2009 at 4:36 am

No, I don't think the new one is boring..I am thinking of the ones that didn't look good with the dress..:) These are plain, but I'm hardly bored. I'm walking around totally happy in them. 🙂

Funnyrunner
    August 7, 2009 at 3:35 am

hey- you're lucky you have enough boobs to make bra purchasing fun and worthwhile. I am AAA and really don't even need one…. lol