Fall Friend Makin' Mondays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Fall TV Shows

It’s time for Friend Makin’ Mondays, and this week we’re talking about TV premiers. If you want to join the fun, click here. I’m looking forward to the next couple of weeks because most of my favorite shows (with exception of 24) will be airing again.

What Are Some of Your Favorite Shows?

• Private Practice — I cannot wait to see how the story with Violet plays out. And I kind of assume she will live, but I’m talking, more specifically, about her relationship with Pete.
  • Big Bang Theory — Nerd scientists can be very funny…I love this show.

• How I Met Your Mother — What can I say? I love Ted…

• Ugly Betty — Enough Henry already. I liked her boyfriend last season, and now he’s going to be her boss?! Ugh…Oh well. I love Daniel Meade!
  • Grey’s Anatomy — I’m tired of the Izzy story so let’s just get on with it. And seriously, McDreamy and Meredith need to tie the knot or move on…and I love McSteamy and Little Grey are great together so I hope they’re still going strong.

I’ll also keep watching Drop Dead Diva and Ruby. Ruby bothers me for several reasons…she’s whiny, negative and dramatic. And she doesn’t know how to pronounce common words. But she’s on a similar journey so her story interests me.

And I’m planning to watch a show I’ve never watched before this year too — The Biggest Loser. I also love college football, and I’m excited to sit on the sofa, in front of my big TV to watch Texas beat team after team this season. 🙂

Thanks to DVR I shouldn’t have to miss my favorite programs. Of course, the cable company will have to come and fix my cable channels first which they are not in a hurry to do. Grrr, cable company, grrrr….

What are your favorite shows? Do you get excited about season premiers?

Stay@homemommy
    September 14, 2009 at 6:23 am

Oh I love the biggest loser and if I may say it is very inspiring to people wanting to or are losing weight. I think there tends to be someone on the show every season that someone can connect with. Happy FMM thanks for sharing!

MrsM
    September 14, 2009 at 7:21 am

I am so excited for season premieres…I'm already double and triple checking my DVR =)

HIMYM is the greatest show ever. I love every single character, the plot, the dialogue…I'm obsessed. So naturally it's #1 on my Friend Makin' Monday list!

Ave
    September 14, 2009 at 9:03 am

You have a great list! I like Big Bang Theory too!

Priscilla
    September 14, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Thank GOODNESS I am not the only one who thinks Ruby is whiney!

I tried to get into the show but after I seen how mean she was about her room makeover… I about died. If I had all that help in losing weight I wouldn't be whining all the time!

Connie Weiss
    September 14, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Ruby is very whiny…I can only watch her in very small doses. Like an episode every couple weeks.

I forgot all about VILOET!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings
    September 14, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I can't wait to see what happens to Violet!!!

Love your shout out to UT on the blog- did I just now notice that?

Shame on me!

~Becca

Scrappy Girl
    September 14, 2009 at 2:22 pm

House MD, Americas Next Top Model, Vampire Diaries, and Community!

jenjen
    September 14, 2009 at 3:46 pm

I have been watching Drop Dead Diva too – it's so cute! I can't wait to see what happens on Private Practice too!

Have a wonderful day!

XOXO
    Jen

lynne b. [my life in blog]
    September 14, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I love your list! It pretty much copies mine!! I am so happy I ran across your blog; I too am on a weight loss journey….http://justwaitingonbaby.blogspot.com; Id love to follow & keep connected. Others inspire me to keep it up…off to read more on your blog!

Fran
    September 14, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Oh boy: you've spoiled the Private Practice final for me 😆 we're a few episodes behind. Next week I will see the seasons final. Same for Grey's, it will air again September 28th and we have a few episodes of season 5 left although I couldn't resist and already read the internet what happened in the final.

I also love Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, 90210 and look forward to the new Melrose Place (that is if they will air it here but I suppose they will).

I would love to see the biggest loser, heard so much about it. I will look for free episodes on the internet so I can see it too.

I love my DVDR too otherwise I couldn't see this all because my lover doesn't like any of these shows 🙂 and I can fast forward the commercials 🙂

Chelle
    September 15, 2009 at 12:59 am

Awesome list!! I hope Grey's gets some good storylines this season.

I really like your blog–I'm trying to lose weight as well! And your Sadie Grace is too cute for words!

I used to host a book swap on my blog! Do a lot of people participate in yours? When will it be happening? I would love to join–I just need to get to reading 🙂

Stevie
    September 15, 2009 at 1:23 am

Just about all the reality shows. I love them.

Miller Racing Family
    September 15, 2009 at 2:55 am

Great list. I got in on the end of private practice last year, so I will have to get addicted this year. You will love biggest loser. I usually watch it while walking on the treadmill.
    I also love the DVR, how I never miss a favorite program now.
    Happy FMM!

~ Dawn ~
    September 15, 2009 at 4:49 am

OMG…I LOVE Drop Dead Diva!! It's my favorite right now too!! I forgot about that one. Thanks for stopping by! Happy FMM!

BTW…how does your book swap work?

Tracy
    September 15, 2009 at 5:10 am

Nope no TV in 10 years…I do watch Movies and have rented a few series. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

jennykate77
    September 15, 2009 at 7:41 pm

We have such similiar taste in about everything. Whenever I read things on your blog I'm usually like "ME TOO!"

I love all the shows on your list. Can't wait for the season premier of the Big Bang Theory. I didn't put it on my list, but I love that show! Funny thing is that I make my husband think that it is "his show" b/c we kind of split TV time between "my shows" and "his shows"…so this gets me an extra show! 😛

Oh, and I want Daniel and Betty to hook up on Ugly Betty. I'm tired of McDreamy and Meredith going back and forth…she just needs to commit already! I also love that McSteamy (and he is SO steamy) and little Grey are together and hope it stays that way!!