Drinks Friend Makin' Mondays Holiday Eating

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Fall

I can’t believe it’s Monday again already, but I’m glad it’s a holiday. 🙂 I’ll be spending the day at a bar Mitzvah which will be a totally new experience for me.

This week Amber is asking what we love about Fall. My list could be pretty long because it is my favorite season, but I’ll try to not to put anyone to sleep with my list.

My Favorite Things About Fall

1) I love the weather! Fall in New York is absolutely beautiful. It’s perfect weather for long walks around the city then warming up at my favorite coffee shop.

2) If you drive upstate for about half an hour, the foliage is gorgeous. The trees are full of colorful leaves. Sometimes I turn the heater and seat warmers on, put the top down just so I can take it the smell of Fall.

3) Hot chocolate is one of the best reasons for cool weather — ever.

4) Watching college football is definitely one of my favorite things about Fall. And this season is going my way so far. Next weekend I plan to sit in front of my big TV, eat a hoagie and watch Texas win their second game of the season. 😉

5) Wearing sweaters, scarves (okay, so maybe I do that in the spring too) jeans and tweed. I love the rich colors and soft fabrics that come with Fall. And what’s even better is that this year, I’ll be wearing a smaller size. 🙂

6) Holidays make me so incredibly giddy. Decorating with pumpkins keeps me happy until it’s time to decorate for Christmas. Thanksgiving is so much fun because I have so many reasons to be thankful — and because I love ham and yams and watergate salad. Okay, calm down Kenz…

7) I like to use really dark nail polish, but I go lighter in the summer. While that’s fun too, I’m looking forward to using deep colors on my nails soon.

8) Have I mentioned how much I love to cuddle? 🙂 My boyfriend and my dog both make excellent cuddle partners. And you definitely need to snuggle under the big blankets when the windows are open and a fall breeze is blowing through…

9) I love to bake, and for some reason the fall just makes me want to do it. I’ve also enjoyed cooking a lot this year, and I’m sure I’ll be making soup soon.

10) Curling up on the balcony with a good book and a light breeze with a hooded sweatshirt is the recipe for a perfect evening. Tonight, after going out with friends, that is precisely what I did. Next time I’ll have some tea too. 😉

What are your favorite things about Fall? If you want to join the FMM fun, head over to Amber’s blog to connect with a lot of awesome people.

J.J.
    September 7, 2009 at 5:03 am

I love that view of the city! Love that holiday food!

Happy FMM!

Xazmin
    September 7, 2009 at 5:08 am

I loved your list…it made me so excited all over again about fall! We have so much in common…your description of the city in fall, and the foliage of upstate almost made me feel like I was there!

Making it back east for a visit is one of my life's goals!

Becca
    September 7, 2009 at 5:20 am

Great list! I agree with many of your faves! Have you ever tried peppermint hot chocolate? It's the only thing I like more than regular hot chocolate lol

shortmama
    September 7, 2009 at 5:48 am

An awesome list!!!

Mellisa
    September 7, 2009 at 6:26 am

Oh I left some off my list: Cuddling, reading and hot chocolate!! Thanks for sharing. I am following now. Was thinking of doing a book swap on my blog but wasn't sure how to go about it. Since you are doing one…that would be much easier! Thanks for sharing!

MrsM
    September 7, 2009 at 7:49 am

Oh hot cocoa-I can't believe I neglected to mention you, but I hope you know that I love you still!

Your list made me smile =)

Ave
    September 7, 2009 at 8:44 am

yumm, hot chocolate!

honeysuckle
    September 7, 2009 at 1:41 pm

You thought of lots of great things! Yes, I loved the Fall in Syracuse, NY–just gorgeous when we lived there. Happy Fall to you!

Michelle
    September 7, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I totally agree about decorating and all the fall stuff holding you over until it is time to decorate for Christmas and Hannukah! I love decorating for these seasons!

Angie S
    September 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Love your list! Hooray for FALL & Happy FMM!

Beth P.
    September 7, 2009 at 3:44 pm

You have a fabulous list of favorites! I love sweaters, too. Thats one of the best.

Happy Monday!

Connie Weiss
    September 7, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I love baking in the fall!

I came to New York in October 2005 and was so disappointed that the trees hadn't changed yet. Someday….

♥Amber Filkins♥
    September 7, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Oh my gosh, I love your list. I would absolutely ♥ to see upstate New York in the fall. How beautiful! I ♥ every single thing on your list!

Seriously, this topic is making me giddy! ♥

mindy2780
    September 7, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I forgot about hot chocolate! I love your list. I love fall clothes too.

Fran
    September 7, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I love it when fall starts, it's getting dark early and I love to cocoon at home, fire in the fireplace, burn candles.

I love the colors of the fall.

I love it when the wind blows through my hair.

I love to spend more time on cooking and baking.

I love that theater season starts again in fall.

♥ Kenz ♥
    September 8, 2009 at 12:04 am

I'd love to see some of my blog friends head to the big apple during the fall or otherwise…so X and Connie, I hope you both come back. 🙂

I'm exhausted from a fun, but long day today…so I think I'll go day dream about baking now. 🙂

melaniet42
    September 8, 2009 at 12:54 am

I love sweaters and hoodie sweatshirts! Yay for fall!!!

Shannon Fab Fattie
    September 8, 2009 at 4:04 am

You have a great list. I love that another season is coming to an end and there re changes. I love the smell, the colors and the family gatherings. One of my favorite things to do is walk on the crunchy leaves that fall to the ground. It is one of my favorite times of the year.

jenjen
    September 8, 2009 at 4:30 am

I loved your list! I completely forgot about hot chocolate – I love it! Hope you had a fun time at the bar Mitzvah!

XOOX
    Jen

Alli
    September 8, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I love your list! So many great things that I love too…but I never thought about holiday food, and you are so right? Why do we wait for the holidays to make things we just love to eat? 🙂

LyndiLou
    September 9, 2009 at 4:42 am

Hot Chocolate and Soup… for sure! I LOVE the colors of Fall too… it's always amazing and almost magical to look around and see everything has suddenly changed! 🙂