Thursday night, at my weigh-in, I lost 1.2 pounds which makes me happy, and now I’m ready to talk about last week; I had my first gain. It upset me more than I’d like to admit, and while I knew it would eventually happen, it was unsettling. I definitely lost a little confidence in my ability to lose because I felt I had done everything right.
Then, after the meeting, I went home and quickly began to realize that maybe I didn’t focus as much as I had in other weeks. It took a few hours, but I was able to admit to myself that I could have done more that week.
- I did not eat as many vegetables – I was too lazy to shop for them properly, cut them up, etc.
- I rode my recumbent bike a lot. That’s good right?! But I could have pushed myself harder on the bike.
- I did not eat as much fiber or lean protein.
- I forgot to eat breakfast twice.
- And I know I should have eaten more. Weird, right? I must be a weirdo because most days I find it difficult to eat all of my points, but it has proven to be the best method. I lose more when I eat more. Seriously…