Filling Foods Food Healthy Eating Recipes WW Points

Perfect For A Sunday Afternoon By The Pool

Gina has done it again…she shares incredible recipes that make me feel like I have accomplished something great in the kitchen.

This recipe for Mozzarella Basil and Tomato Skewers is a simple, yet delectable appetizer. And at 2.5 points each, you can enjoy these filling foods without guilt. 🙂 Check out the recipe here or visit NY tomorrow because I’ll be enjoying them by the pool.

Update: See Fran?  Is this what you were thinking? This is fresh mozzarella, and it looks darker on the skewers because of the balsamic marinade. 🙂

Shauna
    September 6, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Yum, these look good!

Fran
    September 6, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I love this combination but I'll have to say that the mozzarella looks a bit strange. It's supposed to be white isn't it? That is, we can only buy white mozzarella.

Have fun at the pool today!

♥ Kenz ♥
    September 6, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Haha, well Fran, Gina lives in NY like me. And here, we eat fresh mozerella. It doesn't come in a block. It's more like a big blob, but it tastes sooooo good! Believe me, it's so good! And the reason it looks a little darker than normal is because of the marinade that you put on the skewers…:) I'll see if I can add a pic of fresh mozz in this post (before it's cut up.)

Where do you live Fran?

Connie Weiss
    September 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I love fresh mozzarella! I won't use the processed stuff anymore!

Fran
    September 7, 2009 at 4:37 am

Yep our fresh mozzarella is the same as yours. I didn't know the mozzarella in the recipe was marinated.

I live in The Netherlands in Europe.

♥ Kenz ♥
    September 7, 2009 at 11:33 pm

I figured it was the same, but I do have friends in different parts of this country who think fresh mozzarella is the processed block they see at the store.

The marinade is fantastic. 🙂 I've been to Holland, but only briefly.