Feeling Good…

It has been about six months since I began my weight loss journey, and I have seen many positive improvements already.

• I walk faster than I did.
  • I can walk up a few flights of stairs without stopping or feeling winded.
  • I look in the mirror and smile instead of quickly turning away while mentally making note to change.
  • I sleep much better and through the night….I don’t wake up 6 times a night.
  • I’m more confident, and I believe in myself.
  • I can buy clothes at more than a couple of places.
Last night, I was out shopping (big surprise there. hehe) And I walked into Old Navy. I’ve been thinking of going in to see if there was anything that might fit me since the weekend when both of my pretty girlfriends were wearing tops from there that I loved.
While I was browsing, I picked up a few pieces that I wanted to try on then calmly walked to the fitting room. On my way, I tried to look casual, but all I could think about was that, to everyone else, shopping for clothes in this store must just feel normal.
For me, shopping for clothes means going to Avenue and Lane Bryant — skipping over outfits that definitely will not fit me while looking for something flattering enough to consider buying. Many thanks to stores like Lane Bryant and Avenue for being there. I’ll still be shopping at these places for a while. But as I lose weight, new stores are offering new possibilities.
And last night, I was able to buy my first shirt at Old Navy. They sell up to 2x inside the store and up to 4x online. I am still fairly far from wearing a 2x comfortably in every single piece, but there were several options in 2x that worked for me. Even the jacket (that is not available in a bigger size online) zipped. It was just too tight to be flattering. It’s sad because I loved it, but I’m also thrilled because 6 months ago it would not have come close.
My weight loss journey is a long one, but I’m making serious progress. And trips to stores like Old Navy and Kohls are just the beginning. I’m looking forward to the day that I can walk into Armani to buy new jeans or Nordstrom to buy the perfect cashmere sweater. That day is coming my friends, and I couldn’t be more excited about it.

♥Amber Filkins♥
    October 7, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Oh girl, I am SOOOO excited for you!! You are doing SO awesome!

And on that jacket, I would BUY IT! I bet you'll feel comfortable in it within a couple weeks. You are doing SO good!

Shannon Fab Fattie
    October 7, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I am so excited for you that I am doing the snoopy dance right now, can you see me!
    What an inspiration you are! Keep it up 🙂
    XO

Fran
    October 7, 2009 at 7:41 pm

You absolutely make progress! You look beautiful at the picture: you glow!

B
    October 7, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Go back and buy that jacket! Hang it up in plain sight so that every day it is a visual reminder how much you want to fit into it. You will be there in no time and you will be so happy that the jacket is there and ready to be worn out to someplace fabulous!

Nicolasa
    October 7, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Way to go! I am so happy for you! Being able to sleep through the night must be amazing! I am so happy you feel more confident also!

purple_moonflower123
    October 7, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Wooo hoo! Congrats on the Old Navy! Isn't it great to get some clothes variety. I remember my first shopping trip to the Old Navy! So much fun!

Jon and Steph
    October 7, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Hey Sis, congrats on Old Navy! And you did buy stuff at Kolhs when you were here. I am so proud of you!

Heather
    October 7, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Congrats on all you have accomplished! I can only imagine how excited you were to buy something at Old Navy! I'm proud of you, and I hope you're proud of yourself! :o)

mellisarock
    October 8, 2009 at 12:15 am

I am so glad that you are able to reach that milestone!! Losing Weight is a battle a times, I know…but the payoff is amazing at time too right?

Good Job girl!! I would go back and buy that jacket too!!

Sara
    October 8, 2009 at 12:45 am

I am so happy for you! I am a 3x right now and its one of my goals to go to Old Navy and try something on, I am so glad you get too. My stores are always Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant. I cant wait to go to more stores
    Keep up the great work!
    Sara

Diz
    October 8, 2009 at 8:07 am

Yeah…this is the pic- you look AWESOME! SO BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT! You're amazing. 🙂

Chrissy MacCEO
    October 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU are an INSPIRATION! You are beautiful and dedicated to loosing the weight for all of the RIGHT reasons. Keep up the great work!

jennykate77
    October 8, 2009 at 7:03 pm

You are doing AWESOME!!! Your progress is so inspiring. I know from experience that it is a huge boost to the ego when you can just pick any item off the rack and buy it! You'll be there before you know it! Love the pic. 🙂