Accessories Clothing Friend Makin' Mondays Holidays Shopping

Friend Makin’ Monday: Halloween Constumes

It’s time for FMM again, and this week we’re talking about Halloween!  If you want to join the fun, head over to Amber’s blog for the details!

This week, Amber asks…
What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?
I have no idea! I would LOVE to dress up for the party that I’m going to, but it seems impossible to come up with an outfit idea.  I’m far to big to fit in the average adult size costume, and I’m still a little too big to fit into plus-size costumes like this
So I’m not sure what I’ll be, but I wish I could dress up in this princess costume! Maybe this should be my goal for next year, but I would love nothing more than to hear your ideas for this October.  I own a sewing machine, and though I use it mostly for scrapbooking I might attempt to make a costume.
What will you do for Halloween?  Will you go to a party? Trick or Treat? Will you hand out candy?  I would like to do a little of each, but the main event will be a birthday/Halloween party. 🙂  And now I’m even more determined to come up with a fantastic costume for the evening!

Lindsay
    October 12, 2009 at 11:20 am

hmm I stink at thinking of ideas for costumes.. We will be handing out candy and taking the little guy trick or treating! You could maybe do something like a black cat or something like that?

Christie
    October 12, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Happy FMM! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You could always do something like a tooth fairy or another kind of fairy by making oe of those tutus out of touille (sp?) and carry a lil wand. I have seen some pretty easy howto's on how to make them. Good luck, can't wait to see what you decide.

Chrissy MacCEO
    October 12, 2009 at 12:48 pm

My hubby & I have a halloween party to go to this year, but STILL not a clue what we'll be! I want something funny & original. I'd rather day make the costume than spend the ridiculous amounts of $$ they want for crappy ones online!

Where I live, we trick or treat the day before Halloween (I know, messed up!!) because there is a huge town parade, which we never go to, on Halloween. My kids will be Spiderman (for the second time!) and Dora the Explorer!

B
    October 12, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I love Halloween! My kids have picked out the costumes and the day of trick or treat I will pull something out of the costume box.

Like the CEO mentione….we have a Halloween parade in town on Halloween Day. I'll be marching in it with my 2 cubscouts dressed up in Civil War regalia.

As for costume ideas…check out http://www.familyfun.com I know they are meant to be kid costumes but you can totally turn it into a great adult costume that you can be sure nobody else at the party will have AND they are easy to construct. I was trying to convince one of my kids they should be the jelly fish.

Have a fantastic time at the party!!! Be sure to post pics of your costume when you are all decided.

Divine Mrs D
    October 12, 2009 at 2:40 pm

We are finally in a building that hands out candy, so that's what we're doing. And I got a black cat, so that feels somewhat fitting for the Halloween spirit!!

I hope that you can find a costume!! I always like to make mine. I went as a Cereal Killer one year. Just had to put fake blood on little cereal boxes that were pinned to my clothes. But I am kind of a huge dork…

Shayla
    October 12, 2009 at 3:01 pm

That costume is SO pretty! I hope you can come up with something fun and cute!!!

I plan on attending a wedding, then a party, then my church's trunk or treat…long afternoon for me that night!!!!

shortmama
    October 12, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Now that is a princess costume! Beautiful! I hope you can think of some ideas

Scrapingirl
    October 13, 2009 at 2:19 am

I have a sewing machine that I use for scrapbooking also. Well, that is, when I get a chance to scrap. 🙂 It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as you have fun at the party.

thefatgirlblogs
    October 13, 2009 at 3:14 am

I'm having a 70's theme Halloween party – lots of ugly petroleum-based clothing, platforms, afros and Farrah hair! 🙂

I'm also passing the One Lovely Blog award on to you.

LyndiLou
    October 16, 2009 at 6:00 am

I'm not much help in the costume department… I don't know what to be either! I'm sure you'll be something just lovely! 🙂 Have fun!!!