I can’t believe it’s already Monday, but it is which means it’s time for FMM. And this week, we are talking about things that make us happy. If you want to take part in the fun, go to Amber’s blog for details.
Hmmm, I think I can think of a few things that make me happy..:)
1) My boyfriend who is totally awesome. He’s smart, talented and loves me. And he’s not afraid to show it. 🙂 And while it would be fun to post pics of him on my blog, we’ve decided it’s better for us to just let him remain anonymous. But he’s not a figment of my imagination…I promise. 😉
2) My family also makes me happy…especially now that I’m old enough to know that my parents do know a thing or two…;) Even my little sister is cooler than I would have admitted years ago. And her baby is the most precious little niece I could ever hope to have. I can’t wait to see them again…
3) Shopping is one of my favorite things too. While I was shopping last week, I read something that said “Money Cannot Buy Happiness Unless Living A Fabulous Lifestyle Makes You Happy.” I loved it.
4) Having friends who take me as I am makes me feel so lucky. It’s not easy to move to a place like New York by yourself, but I did it. And I’ve been lucky to meet some incredible people that I’ll know for the rest of my life.
5) My dog is a constant source of cuteness. When she sleeps, she’s cute. When she tries to growl at her ball, she’s cute. She almost always puts a smile on my face (you know, except when she forgets that she’s supposed to do her business outside or when she eats a stick of butter and a new bag of bacon bits.)
6) Reading comments on my blog and on Facebook make me feel great. It’s nice to know that someone else understands or that someone else has taken the time to express their point of view on a topic that matters to me.
7) Drinking homemade hot cocoa next to the fireplace in the living room while watching a football game or a show on DVR always makes me happy. I think it’s time to think about doing that. It’s certainly cold enough outside!
8) Losing weight thrills me. I love stepping on the scale and seeing that my work has paid off for the week. I like losing inches too so I hit the gym regularly.
9) Scrapbooking, taking pictures and making other crafty projects is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. I also like making jewelry, and I want to learn how to knit during the winter. Being creative makes me happy.
10) Singing makes me happy. Whether I’m doing it in front of people, which I don’t do much anymore, or singing along with the Hairspray soundtrack, singing in my room or shouting lyrics from Aqualung with my boyfriend, it makes me feel totally content.
11) I know I said I’d list 10 things, but I cannot leave off one of the things that makes me happiest – Living in New York. If you know me at all, you know I gush about it pretty often. And though I’ve been here for two years, I can honestly say it’s as wonderful now as I thought it would be. And I really feel like I belong here. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
Behind me, in this picture, is the Brooklyn Bridge. I plan to ride my new bike across it before it gets too cold and snowy.
It was easy to list 10 things that make me happy, and that makes me grateful. What makes you happy?