Friend Making Mondays: Happy Things

I can’t believe it’s already Monday, but it is which means it’s time for FMM. And this week, we are talking about things that make us happy. If you want to take part in the fun, go to Amber’s blog for details.

Hmmm, I think I can think of a few things that make me happy..:)

Ten Things That Make Me Happy

1) My boyfriend who is totally awesome. He’s smart, talented and loves me. And he’s not afraid to show it. 🙂 And while it would be fun to post pics of him on my blog, we’ve decided it’s better for us to just let him remain anonymous. But he’s not a figment of my imagination…I promise. 😉

2) My family also makes me happy…especially now that I’m old enough to know that my parents do know a thing or two…;) Even my little sister is cooler than I would have admitted years ago. And her baby is the most precious little niece I could ever hope to have. I can’t wait to see them again…

Okay, seriously…how cute is she? 🙂

3) Shopping is one of my favorite things too. While I was shopping last week, I read something that said “Money Cannot Buy Happiness Unless Living A Fabulous Lifestyle Makes You Happy.” I loved it.

4) Having friends who take me as I am makes me feel so lucky. It’s not easy to move to a place like New York by yourself, but I did it. And I’ve been lucky to meet some incredible people that I’ll know for the rest of my life.

5) My dog is a constant source of cuteness. When she sleeps, she’s cute. When she tries to growl at her ball, she’s cute. She almost always puts a smile on my face (you know, except when she forgets that she’s supposed to do her business outside or when she eats a stick of butter and a new bag of bacon bits.)

6) Reading comments on my blog and on Facebook make me feel great. It’s nice to know that someone else understands or that someone else has taken the time to express their point of view on a topic that matters to me.

7) Drinking homemade hot cocoa next to the fireplace in the living room while watching a football game or a show on DVR always makes me happy. I think it’s time to think about doing that. It’s certainly cold enough outside!

8) Losing weight thrills me. I love stepping on the scale and seeing that my work has paid off for the week. I like losing inches too so I hit the gym regularly.

9) Scrapbooking, taking pictures and making other crafty projects is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. I also like making jewelry, and I want to learn how to knit during the winter. Being creative makes me happy.

10) Singing makes me happy. Whether I’m doing it in front of people, which I don’t do much anymore, or singing along with the Hairspray soundtrack, singing in my room or shouting lyrics from Aqualung with my boyfriend, it makes me feel totally content.

11) I know I said I’d list 10 things, but I cannot leave off one of the things that makes me happiest – Living in New York. If you know me at all, you know I gush about it pretty often. And though I’ve been here for two years, I can honestly say it’s as wonderful now as I thought it would be. And I really feel like I belong here. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Behind me, in this picture, is the Brooklyn Bridge. I plan to ride my new bike across it before it gets too cold and snowy.

My picture was up in Times Square last year during a Windows campaign called “I’m A PC.” I felt famous for about 15 seconds.

It was easy to list 10 things that make me happy, and that makes me grateful. What makes you happy?

Diz
    October 19, 2009 at 6:37 am

I love this post- you're one of my favorite bloggers Kenz. (Top 3!) I'm so glad you're back and bloggin! One of my most exciting New Year's resolutions in 2009 was to visit New York, and I've yet to do it. You make me want to come out and play! You look so happy in your pictures too; I love that; you're an inspiration and an all around amazing woman. (That's a lot of "a's". I have a problem with alliteration- sorry about that.) I'm glad I met you (virtually). Stay beautiful and inspirational- D

KT
    October 19, 2009 at 10:56 am

New to your blog today from FMM! I agree with so many of your list items. Looking forward to reading more of your posts bc comment #1 has me convinced already that it's great!

-Katie

mindy2780
    October 19, 2009 at 11:07 am

I love your list. Your niece is adorable.

Happy FMM!

Kelli
    October 19, 2009 at 11:59 am

Your #1 made me chuckle. I'm glad you love where you live, I think that's so important! Happy Monday.

Trudy
    October 19, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Great list Kenz! I think I'm going to have to do this one today!

Ave
    October 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Good list! I have family and friends on my list too!

Divine Mrs D
    October 19, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Dang! That would have been crazy to see your pic on the I'm A PC thing!! 🙂 I love your list! And it's definitely cold enough for hot chocolate…though my husband claims it's supposed to warm up this week!

HAPPY FMM!

Cassie
    October 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Your niece is adorable! And I definitely want some hot chocolate now!

♥Amber Filkins♥
    October 19, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Yes, great list! I've only been to New York once, but it was amazing. I can only imagine living there and seeing all that you get to see & experience. That is SO cool that your pic was up in Times Square AND you caught it!

I'm thinking that warm hot cocoa sounds amazing too.

Happy Monday! ♥ you girl.

New England Girl
    October 19, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Lovely list! It's always so nice to write down and remember what we love and are thankful for. As I mentioned before, we were down in your neck of the woods this past weekend and it was lovely! The Hudson Valley area is so gorgeous! 🙂 Happy Monday!

The Royal Family
    October 19, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Seriously too many things to name I started a list and seriously I forgot comments!!!

Feel free to enter my 3 giveaways while your there.

The Buzz, Brandy

Namine
    October 19, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Great Great list!! Your niece is sooo cute!! I love that your puppy ate a stick of butter!! I remember as a kid our family dog was found on the table eating fresh homemade pizza once and another time on the table again eating chocolate cupcakes!!
    HAPPY FMM!!

shortmama
    October 19, 2009 at 8:02 pm

What a perfect list!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations
    October 19, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Wow, lady, that is one great list! Isn't it fun to realize that you have so many things in your life that make you happy??? So cool on the pic in Times square, btw! And your niece? Super duper cute! And I'm still cracking up about your dog "trying" to growl at the ball. Too sweet! Happy Monday!

Katie Lane
    October 19, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Your niece is very cute!! And good for you for loosing weight – I'm working on that one too, I really should adapt your view on it. Oh and I too love comments 🙂

Connie Weiss
    October 19, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Great list! Crafting makes me happy too.

Coming home to my husband and kids made me VERY happy yesterday!

Beth P.
    October 20, 2009 at 12:51 am

You have a great list! What a beautiful niece! I have to say that I find myself in a shopping slump more often than not lately, but when I go out and have a good trip it definitely makes me happy! Happy FMM!

mellisarock
    October 20, 2009 at 12:53 am

What a great list!! I can't believe I forgot comments!! You niece is adorable!! Every time you post pics of New York it makes me want to go!! I have never been!

Michelle
    October 20, 2009 at 3:41 am

That is a wonderful list! Your niece is sooo cute and I am a big fan of shopping and scrapping as well! Happy FMM!

♥ Kenz ♥
    October 23, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I love knowing that I have so much in common with you girls! 🙂