Accomplishments Exercise Lifestyle

Ready To Ride

After six and a half months, I’ve lost enough weight and gained enough confidence to buy a bike.  I love my recumbent bike, and I am so thankful that I’ll be able to use it in the coming months when there’s snow outside.  But there is just something so exciting and liberating about riding a bike along the Hudson River.  And I can’t wait to do that!

When I began this weight-loss journey I weighed too much for a regular bike.  And when I walked into the bicycle shop yesterday, I was expecting to learn more about bikes that are made specifically for the obese.  But I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could buy a regular comfort bike with a comfortable seat.
Maybe I’ll get this one:
Or this one: (I am in love with this one!)
But I am also thrilled about the prospect of owning my very own bicycle by the end of the week. I’m not sure which one I’ll buy yet, but I’ll definitely post pictures when I decide.  I’m just so excited that riding outside is a realistic goal for me now.  I’m looking forward to doing it as much as possible before the snow begins to fall…
On a different note, today is weigh-in day too so wish me luck please! =)

Theresa
    October 15, 2009 at 8:47 am

Good luck today, and thumbs up on the bike! Living in Holland for the past few years has rekindled my love for the bike, not only for transportation, but also exercise. The best part is, the more you do it, the less your bottom hurts 😉 Then again, you've been riding indoors so perhaps you won't have the same problem!

I'm def planning on investing in a bike upon return to Canada.. and one of the things I want to do most in NYC this coming spring is a looooong bike tour.

New England Girl
    October 15, 2009 at 4:08 pm

That is an awesome accomplishment and I am so happy for you. 🙂 I love that you're allowing us to follow along on this wonderful journey with you. You're so inspiring! 🙂

Fran
    October 15, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I love the second one the most! I'm happy for you that you're going to buy a bike.

In Holland almost everybody's got a bike, I do too but I use it way too little.

lynne b. [my life in blog]
    October 16, 2009 at 1:30 am

best of luck on your weigh-in…waiting to hear how you did 🙂 also, i love the bikes. so cute.

mellisarock
    October 16, 2009 at 6:00 am

Hope that the weigh in went well!! Gave you a blog award — stop by and accept!!

By the way…got my book mailed a few days ago!! Not sure if there was somewhere we were supposed to comment about that!

Have a great week and congratulations on your new transportation! That is really awesome for you! I hope you get the one that you are in love with! Kinda makes me want to get one too! Although the roads are so terrible here.

LyndiLou
    October 16, 2009 at 6:15 am

I hope your weigh-in went great! I can't wait to see which bike you choose! 🙂