Friend Makin' Mondays Holiday Eating Holidays

Friend Makin’ Monday: Halloween Candy

I cannot believe it is already Monday! Last week flew by, and the entire year seems to be coming to a close quickly. I’m officially excited about the Christmas season, and I’m looking forward to decorating soon.  But this post is about Halloween so I’ll get back to that. If you want to join the FMM fun, just go to Amber’s blog for details.

This week, Amber wants to know about our favorite Halloween candy.  And while my list could get rather long, I’ll just say that my absolute favorites are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Kit-Kats.  Good grief…I ♥ those!  I also love M&M’s and a variety of other bits of yummy goodness.

Below is a picture of the variety of candy that I passed out to neighborhood kids while spending the afternoon at the home of my boyfriend’s family.  They know how to choose the best candy, don’t they? 🙂  I refrained from eating much of it though I have to admit that I had too many Kit-Kats today so they’ll be leaving with my boyfriend in the morning.  He can eat this crap and stay thin so I’ll let him do it. (Grrrr, boyfriend…Grrrr…)

I dressed up as a baker, and if you check out the post below this one you’ll see my whole costume.  I figured it was smart to dress in something I could use again later.  And I am excited to wear my apron sans hat throughout the holiday season.  Have I mentioned that I’m looking forward to the holidays?  Just saying.
What is your favorite candy?  Did you stay away from it this weekend or did you indulge?  And was it worth it?  My goal is to get back into my weight-loss groove in the morning.  I need to eat better foods and exercise more so wish me luck or strength or something. 🙂
Again, I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween!  And I hope that if you’re drowning in candy too that you make it out alive. 🙂

♥Amber Filkins♥
    November 2, 2009 at 4:39 am

Mmm, I love Kit Kat's too. Good grief is right!! Why does candy have to be so good? I think it must be laced with crack. lol.

I am super ready for the holidays too!! I bought some Christmas stuff today, and I've already started my shopping the last couple months! 🙂

Christie
    November 2, 2009 at 4:41 am

I love kitkats too! You looked super cute in your baker's outfit. Good luck in gettin back to your "weight loss grove", I definitely need to do the same! =)

Elizabeth
    November 2, 2009 at 11:08 am

Your costume is so cute, and so practical! Love the chef's hat. I've always wanted one of those. 🙂 I'm also a big fan of Kit Kats, but I was good this year – none crossed my path, so none wound up in my tummy. Phew!

I'm also way ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I've been working on picking out my holiday recipes and preparing them for my blog so that when life gets hairy (which it surely will), I'll still be all ready to roll. Can't wait!

Beth P.
    November 2, 2009 at 11:40 am

What a great costume! Kit Kats can be addicting, but they're not my favorite. My husband loves them!
    Good luck with getting back on the bandwagon today! I think I tell myself that every Monday :-/

Happy FMM!

New England Girl
    November 2, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Mmmm…. peanut butter cups. 🙂 Perfection at its finest. 🙂

Christina
    November 2, 2009 at 2:24 pm

HMM my husband is the same way. Thin as a rail and has been since we met. Eats like a horse too.
    I loved your costume as well.
    Happy FMM.

mellisarock
    November 2, 2009 at 2:56 pm

HMM– Oh how could I forget the awesomeness of Kit Kat's? Your costume was really cute…I am going to make it through a few more FMM..then I am coming back to catch up with your blog…without internet a week and I want to see what you have been up too..by the way… is there somewhere to say whether your have send your book for the exchange…I have sent mine…she got it…but I haven't received one yet. Thanks!!

Trudy
    November 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Peanut M&M's are my favorite…I'm about to dig into a few more right now. Shame shame!

Karrie
    November 2, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Happy Friend Makin Monday! I am trying not to indulge to much in the candy but I just can't seem to keep myself away from that bowl! I hope November brings you and your family many blessings.
    ~Karrie

Nicolasa
    November 2, 2009 at 10:22 pm

MMM Kit Kats are my favorite too! I love the Chef costume idea! GL getting back on track, candy can suck you in real quick!

Shelly
    November 2, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Cute costume! All that candy is making me want to run to the dollar store. We don't have any candy here.

Sarah
    November 3, 2009 at 12:30 am

How cute are you in your costume! Adorable! Sounds like a fun Halloween. My Hubbie eats all the kit kats and is a rail, too! I wish that would work for me. Good luck on your weight loss journey, I'll definitely be coming back to your blog for inspiration!