Filling Foods Friend Makin' Mondays Recipes

Friend Makin’ Monday: Recipes

It’s Monday again, and I feel like the weekend lasted for about 20 minutes. But now that it’s over, it’s time for Friend Makin’ Mondays – and today, we’re talking about recipes.

Amber wants us to share a favorite Winter recipe or two so I’ll share a main dish and a dessert, both of which I found at Gina’s Weight Watchers Recipes. If you want to join the fun just put on your chef hat and head over to Amber’s blog by clicking here.

So, here’s the main dish:

1 large eggplant (2 lbs)
1 tbsp olive oil
12 oz fat free ricotta
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 egg
2 cups reduced fat mozzarella (I use Weight Watchers)
3 cups tomato sauce
salt

slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lightly salt the slices and put in a colander to release excess moisture for about 1/2 hour. Lay on paper towels to soak up any extra moisture.

Preheat oven to 450°. Brush eggplant lightly with olive oil on both sides and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through until eggplant is golden brown.

In a medium bowl combine ricotta, egg, parsley and 1/4 cup of grated cheese.

In a 9×12 baking dish, put a little sauce on the bottom of the dish and put a layer of eggplant to cover the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese and sauce. Add another layer of eggplant and repeat the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce until everything is used up. Top with sauce and the mozzarella cheese and the remaining grated cheese.

Cover with foil and bake until cheese is melted and everything is bubbling, about 30 minutes at 400°. Remove foil and bake an additional 8-10 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it sit about 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!

Servings: 6 servings • Time: 60 minutes • Points: 5 ww points

And now, for dessert:
7 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
8 oz Cool Whip Free, thawed
9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar for a few minutes until fluffy. Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth. Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours, until firm.
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 piece • Time: 10 minutes • Calories: 239 • Points: 5.25 ww points

Here’s a list of a few other favorites from Gina’s site:

Deb Willbethin
    November 16, 2009 at 11:43 am

Hey, Kenz! Your look wonderful in that chef's hat! Besides youth, what DO you use on your skin?! I think I'll try that pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving. Thanks. Deb

Divine Mrs D
    November 16, 2009 at 3:15 pm

That food looks delicious. I always have trouble with eggplant though. I feel like I don't cook it right…

Sara
    November 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Hi Kenz,
    Both look so delicious, excpecially the Pumpkin pie. I have never tried it like that before, it looks so tempting!

Angie S
    November 16, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Hey Girl!!

You have no idea how excited I am right now! Stoked that you posted these yummy recipes and they are WW. I am doing it right now and had no idea there was a blog about it! I'm trying these recipes ASAP!

Woohoo! Thanks for sharing, and Happy FMM!

Shelly
    November 16, 2009 at 6:11 pm

My hubby would love the pumpkin pie! Eggplant has never been a big fave of mine so I'd probably do without it. What a cute photo of you in the chef's hat!

Renee
    November 16, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Both recipes look great. If I had a pie crust I would make that right now. I love eggplant but my husband thinks he doesn't like it. I might try it anyway.

shortmama
    November 16, 2009 at 8:31 pm

They both look divine! I love eggplant!

Ave
    November 16, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Great photos! The Pumpkin cream Pie looks so delicious!

Trudy
    November 16, 2009 at 9:19 pm

While the main dish does 'look' good, I fear my distaste for eggplant would mean it wouldn't taste quite as good to me. If it's ok, I think I'll just skip to dessert because I LOVE all things pumpkin!

jennykate77
    November 16, 2009 at 9:54 pm

That pie looks so delish! I followed the link and printed off the recipe for that one!! It'll definitely be something I make for Thanksgiving. Yum! Can't wait!

Christie
    November 17, 2009 at 1:15 am

Wow! Both of your recipes look soo delicious!! You look super cute in your chef hat. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the weight watcher blog too. Happy FMM!

Jolanthe
    November 17, 2009 at 2:09 am

That pumpkin cream pie looks yummy!! 🙂

♥Amber Filkins♥
    November 17, 2009 at 3:18 am

Oh my gosh, both of those look super yummy!! I think I've seen them on here, or FB before?? You showed them somewhere before, and I remember thinking they looked so good!

I will have to *definitely* try out the Pumpkin Cream Pie!!

The Roasted Eggplant Parmesan looks a little too involved for me!!! But maybe I'll try it one day. 🙂

Sweet and Savory
    November 24, 2009 at 4:09 pm

You certainly cut the calories on the Eggplant Parmesan and yet, it still looks delicious. I should try it this way. We love the dish. Good job.