Challenge Discipline Family Inspiration Lifestyle

From Thick To Thin: Family Holiday Weight Loss Challenge

I was talking to my mom last night, and we were discussing how we need to exercise more. I already go to the gym, and ride my bike. But I know I’m not doing enough cardio to see the results I want to see. (I’m worried my weigh-in won’t be good today.)

And Mom walked a lot prior to hurting her foot, but it’s hard to get started again. When she leaves for work it’s dark outside, and now it’s dark when she gets home too.
So I asked her to participate in a challenge with me (that I made up on the spot hehe) in which we would walk three times a week for at least 20 minutes from now until January 1st. She agreed to do the challenge with me so I called my sister.
My sister, who gave birth to my beautiful baby niece in April, is working on shedding some weight too so I called her immediately after talking with Mom. And she agreed to do the challenge too! She also told me that she has lost 5 pounds too so congrats to her!
Then later last night, I spoke with Dad. I was excited to tell him about the weight loss challenge that Mom, Sis and I would be doing through the new year. And Dad, though he is already super duper active said it wouldn’t hurt him to lose 10 pounds. πŸ™‚ So he’s going to join the challenge too.
So, you see? Even though my sister lives about 2,000 miles away. And my parents each live about 1,500 miles away, they are here for me when I need them. And I’m so thankful for it. Do I have a supportive family or what?!
If you’d like to join us in this holiday challenge, you are more than welcome to! Just let me know in a comment or by e-mail. Either way, wish us luck because it won’t be easy. But it will definitely be worth it. And I’m so thankful to have a mom, dad and sister who will remind me of that on days I need to hear it.

Kyra
    November 5, 2009 at 5:57 pm

What a fantastic holiday challenge! Good luck. πŸ™‚

Fran
    November 5, 2009 at 6:29 pm

What a great holiday challenge! So nice to do this with your family!

Heather B.
    November 5, 2009 at 7:44 pm

So much fun to do something like that with your family!

New England Girl
    November 5, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Good luck to you and your family. πŸ™‚ What an exciting challenge to ALL take on! You'll all be fitter in no time, and the extra cardio boost will be great for you. πŸ™‚ I can't wait to hear how it goes!

~ Dawn ~
    November 5, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Great Challenge! Glad that you can do this with your family…you can all support eachother. Can't wait to hear your weigh in…I know it is going to be a good week for you. πŸ™‚

Diz
    November 6, 2009 at 5:41 am

Yayyy!!! I love family challenges! They're such a great way to stay motivated and nothing is better than to celebrate with your family. Congrats! Let me know how it goes! (Way to make great goals to help you succeed through the holidays too girl)

β™₯ Kenz β™₯
    November 6, 2009 at 6:15 am

Thanks friends. I'm excited about it, and I need it so I'm ready to get started..thanks to each of you for being so awesome!

Connie Weiss
    November 6, 2009 at 2:35 pm

You are very lucky to have a supportive family!

I did a challenge with my brother's and mother in law earlier in the year and some of them starved themselves to win. πŸ™

Becca @ The Texas Darlings
    November 7, 2009 at 4:50 am

There is nothing better than a little family motivation!!

~Becca

Sagan
    November 7, 2009 at 6:07 pm

This is a lovely idea to do it as a family! Such a great way to strengthen bonds and get a good support system. Good luck! Walking is my favourite kind of activity. I love doing a bit of walking every day.

Sara
    November 9, 2009 at 12:04 am

It's awesome you guys are doing this as a family! Good luck!! Can't wait to read all about how it goes.