Weigh-In weight loss Weight Watchers

Should I Weigh In Today?

I usually go to my Weight Watchers meeting on Thursday nights, but obviously, that’s not an option this week. So I’m going to a different meeting (at a different location) with several friends from my regular group. And while I’m sure they plan to weigh in, I’m not sure I want to weigh in on a different scale.

This week I have eaten well and exercised a lot. In fact, this should be the first month in which I reach my goal 1,000 minutes of cardio. And it looks like I’ll even exceed it.

I know it’s “just a number.” I also know that “it’s a guide, not a god.” I know that it won’t matter next week because I’ll be back to my regularly scheduled meeting with my usual scale. But it’s hard to remind myself of these things when I am trying to get to a goal. I know that regardless of the number on the scale tomorrow I’ll have to take it with a grain of salt so what’s the point?

And Thursday i usually my day off from working out. I do that because I tend to weigh a little more after working out than I do before so it’s another thing to consider. I’m just not sure what to do…

Should I weigh in at this other meeting? Or should I weigh myself at the gym and compare it to what I weighed at the gym last week? Should I not weigh at all?

♥Amber Filkins♥
    November 25, 2009 at 7:52 am

I say weigh in. Do you know that Weight Watchers has specialists come in on a regular basis to make sure that their scales are 100% accurate? I think they're required. You should ask. I would think that the scales should be dead on. But I don't know, that's just from what I remember them telling me.

1,000 minutes is fabulously impressive!! Wow!!

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how you did!

♥ Kenz ♥
    November 25, 2009 at 8:13 am

They are supposed to, but they definitely don't keep them 100% accurate. I've seen it for myself which is why I'm bothered by it. I think I'll do it anyway..thanks Amber. 🙂

Chrissy MacCEO
    November 25, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Your new background looks lovely, by the way.

I'd say that you should weigh in at the gym since that is a number/scale you can use for comparison. I like to weight myself on the same scale/s only. It leads to too much speculation!!

Nicolasa
    November 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I think you should way in. If you don't you'll wonder what the number was and even if you think the scale might be off it would be good to get a comparison.

Sarah
    November 25, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I think you should weigh in. Remember, it's a journey. As long as it doesn't discourage you, I think you should stick with your routine of weighing in every week. Good luck! We're rooting for you!

Heather B.
    November 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I say weigh in! It is just on day out of this long journey you are on. Even if their scales aren't 100% accurate they are MORE accurate than the gyms scale. I know that for a fact! Good Luck! I can't wait to hear how you did!

Trudy
    November 25, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Just weigh in…you'll leave wishing you would have if you don't. Good luck!

Angela
    November 25, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I say weigh in! There were many times I didn't and felt completely guilty after I didn't! Then least you won't feel left wondering …. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    PS Very impressive on your cardio! Keep up the good work girl!!

Fran
    November 25, 2009 at 7:59 pm

If you don't feel confident about weigh in on another scale just skip this week. It's up to you.

I left you an award on my blog, you can find it here if you're interested: