1) My body is in good condition to handle exercise which will make it stronger and healthier in the long run. I’m thankful that I have more energy, more pep in my step and more motivation to get up and be active. You do NOT have to reach your ultimate goal before you start enjoying the benefits. I am proof of that, and it feels great.
2) Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner, and I’m so thankful for that because I love this time of year.
3) My parents are ‘here’ for me even though they’re over a thousand miles away.
4) For years I wanted a dog to call my own, and now I have one…and she’s the best. She is a source of unconditional love, and she can bring a smile to my face in .002 seconds. 🙂
5) It is such an amazing feeling to have friends who take me as I am…who support me, care about me and aren’t afraid to show it. I can be myself, and they still like me…
6) I live in an amazing place. I so thankful that I could stalk Matt Bomer from the new show, White Collar, if I wanted to because one of the above friends saw them shooting today. Like I said, I’m so thankful to live here for so many reasons. And, um, who wouldn’t want to stalk this guy? Just saying.
7) I am thankful for my bicycle.
8) My sleeping habits have substantially improved in the last several months. I still have nights, once in a while, in which I toss and turn. But for the most part I sleep well. And I sleep through the night.
9) I’m thankful for the support and encouragement and attention I receive from my blog friends. It warms my heart every time someone takes time to say something nice or offer advice that I need to hear.
10) My mom reconnected with her best friend from college recently. It was her friend’s idea to come up with something I’m thankful for everyday this month. I’ve decided to do it all at once. Anyway, I’m thankful because I know it makes mom happy to have reconnected with Linda. And if Mom is happy then I’m thankful for it.
11) I’m thankful for my sister who is supporting me through our Holiday Weight Loss Challenge. She doesn’t have NEARLY as much to lose as I do, but she encourages me and takes it very seriously which is amazing on her part.
12) My boyfriend is awesome. Not only is he totally supportive…he also loves me for the good and bad in me. He acts like I’m a master chef when I cook something dinner. He walks the dog at night so I don’t have to. He walks her most mornings too so that I can sleep in a little longer. And he’s just all-around awesome.
13) What can I say about Hannah? I love her more than words can express. She is the best little niece ever. And today, my sister surprised me with a pic of her the middle of the day. There’s really nothing better — except seeing her in person..She’s the sweetest..
14) I could not be more thankful that I’ve lost 56 pounds. It’s just awesome.
15) I’m thankful for DVR. I can watch my favorite shows at my convenience which is awesome.
16) Weekly mani/pedi appointments are on my list too. And I’m thankful for long nail beds which make my fingers look long too. 😉
16) My iPhone/laptop keep me connected to my friends and family who live far away? Remember the days before nation-wide long distance? I’m so thankful that I don’t have to deal with that. I can talk to my loved ones whenever I feel like it.
17) I’m thankful for my Invisaligns. They’re making my teeth straight, and they blend in pretty well so they’re not really
18) My dad is coming to NY for Christmas. He’s never been here at Christmas, and I”m excited and thankful for the opportunity to take him to see the Rockettes in the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City and that he’ll get to go to a Giants game for some male bonding with the boyfriend. 😉 I’m also just thankful that he’ll be here because I love him and miss him so much.
19) I’m thankful that I don’t have to worry about buying groceries. I know that there are a lot of people who struggle to make ends meet and that they sacrifice the Weight Watchers cream cheese because it’s four bucks. Or they skip buying pomegranates and other fresh fruits and veggies due to expense. I’m so blessed, in that I can choose the items I need to make losing weight as easy as possible.
20) I’m thankful for my Kitchen Aid mixer because it makes me so happy to use it. I love the bake, and I have a fun kitchen to do it in…:)
21) My Weight Watchers meetings have become an invaluable part of my life. I’m thankful for my leader, my group of supportive individuals who take me as I am…And I’m thankful for the staff members in my meeting who really believe I’m going to reach my goal.
22) I’m thankful for my brother-in-law who makes my sister so happy. I know he’s such a good daddy to Hannah, and he treats my sister very well. They have a lot in common, and they make a good team.
23) I’m thankful for hobbies that make me happy like scrapbooking, baking, blogging, playing golf and wasting time on Facebook (yeah, I do it enough to call it a hobby.)
24) My boyfriend and I are both blessed with great jobs. And I am thankful that I have an extraordinary boss who listens to what I have to say whether he agrees or not.
25) I’m thankful for my relatives who love me even though they’re far away…lI miss them so much, but I’m happy knowing that they’re leading happy lives where they are too.
26) I’m thankful for my cleaning lady because she’s totally awesome and obsessed with making sure this place stays clean and sparkly. She was here today, and I’m telling you…the place is sparkling. 🙂
27) I can walk up a couple flights of stairs without feeling winded. That was not the case 7 months ago.
28) I’m thankful for music…songs that inspire me, warm my heart and pump me up. They’re all an important part of my world.
29) I’m thankful for Facebook for reconnecting me to old friends. It’s easy to lose contact when you move across the country even when you care about someone. Last year I was able to connect with my friend, Ellen, who was born and raised in Germany. I hadn’t seen her in over 10 years, but because of Facebook, I was able to see her when she visited New York City.
30) I’m thankful for another day in which I was able to give it my all in exercise, eat well, watch my boyfriend perform a sweet show even though it’s not ready yet and come home to a super clean house.
But the thing is….I’m really so thankful that it was so easy to make a list of 30 things that I’m thankful for…Wow, I feel lucky and humbled.
We all have reasons to be thankful. Will you tell me some of yours?