A Little Day Dreaming…

It is cold and rainy and windy and little icy outside, and I’d love nothing more than to stay at home until it all passes. But living in New York means that it probably won’t happen that way. I still have meetings, friends with whom I want to hang out, a need to buy groceries, etc. So, instead, I’ll continue to do things as I usually do them for the most part — just wearing cute snow boots whenever possible. 😉

On days like these, how do you spend your time? Do you cozy up by the fire? Or do you continue with your regular routine? I try to do both, but I find myself day dreaming about being at home under warm blankets, watching my boyfriend light the fire, with hot tea in my hand and my dog on my lap. 😉 Ahhhh….okay, now off to the gym. 🙂

Fran
    December 9, 2009 at 8:22 pm

It has been raining here most of November and I hold on to my daily routine. I don't let weather distract me from my plans but I also wish sometimes when I have to go out that I could just be by the fireplace with a book …. ah well we have to have dreams don't we 🙂

New England Girl
    December 9, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I'm all about mixing up routines. We had a mini blizzard this morning, so I tidied up around the house, caught up on emails and reading the news, got some special projects out of the way and then when the weather cleared, I headed out to meet a friend for coffee and lunch like most normal days. The weather often puts a little dent in my plans, but I always somehow manage to fit in normal daily activities. 🙂

Trudy
    December 9, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Yup…it's pretty much life as usual here too with the blizzard warnings. Unfortunately, it means leaving for work twice as early for a commute that takes twice as long!

I wish we could have 'snow days' from work like we used to get from school!

Jen
    December 10, 2009 at 2:49 am

I dream about being under the flannel sheets but I trudge into work on the T,where everyone is grumpy, like normal.

♥Amber Filkins♥
    December 10, 2009 at 3:00 am

Oh girl, thankfully if I'm having one of those days I can {kind of} do that. Of course I still have to take care of Saylor, but ya know. And we don't have nearly the kind of weather that you have. So if I have to carry on with my routine, at least it's not *that* cold!

Hope you get a chance to make your daydream come true soon. 🙂

Marcelle
    December 10, 2009 at 8:31 am

Weather controls my moods and my life – terrible but I allow it to.
    I hate leaving the house of cold days…
    Thank goodness I dont work so can do that if I so wish.