Friend Makin' Mondays Healthy Living Holidays Lifestyle New York City Weight Watchers

Friend Makin’ Mondays: New Year’s Resolutions

It’s Monday again which means it’s time to answer this week’s FMM question. And this week, the topic is New Year’s resolutions. I love this topic because my biggest resolution would be to lose weight, but I’m already doing it. I’m so thrilled to be going into the new year at least 70 pounds lighter than last year. I am going to keep working at losing weight, continue exercising and eating healthy foods because it has already changed my life so much!

And while I’m already going into the year doing what is most important for myself, I would like to do a few new things this year. So here’s my list:

• Learn to knit

My wonderful friend, Goldie, has agreed to teach me, but life gets so busy during the holidays! I’ll start my new hobby after the new year.

• Take the subway more often, at least when it’s more convenient. 😉

Driving in NYC is almost always out of the question. Traffic and parking fees are ridiculous so you’ll never see me driving my car into Midtown for work. My office is only a few blocks from Grand Central Station so most days I walk to work from there.

• Find new, healthy and satisfying recipes

Over the last several months, I have discovered a world of healthy and satisfying recipes, and I’m looking forward to discovering many more. During the holidays I purchased the gigantic Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook and the new Hungry Girl Card set, Chew The Right Thing. I also have a couple of WW recipe books that I bought at meetings so it should not be difficult to come up with some new, fab recipes.

I like resolutions because it’s always a great idea to better yourself. But I also dislike them because when you have a year to change something, it’s easy to put it off until ‘tomorrow.’ Time moves quickly so it’s best, at least in my opinion, to get started early.

What do you plan to learn or change in the new year? Do you make resolutions every year? And do you follow through with them?

Sara
    December 28, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Happy New year
    I love your list. Expecially the healthier reciepes, Hungry Girl has some very good reciepes, so does weight watchers
    Hope you have great Success

Connie Weiss
    December 28, 2009 at 3:31 pm

OHHHH…I forgot that I want to learn to knit too.

And…when I was in New York 4 years ago…I had the best cup of coffee of my life in Grand Central Station. It was from a little place in a hallway and I couldn't understand the guy and when he asked me if I wanted cream I said yes and I didn't know that was what I agreed to and I LOVED it!

Anonymous
    December 28, 2009 at 4:10 pm

It's nice NOT to have the resolution that you are starting to lose weight because you are already on your journey! I like the one about knitting. I've had an interest in learning knitting or crocheting, and am looking into classes. LOVE the Hungry Girl recipes, didn't know they had cards, will look for them.

My resolutions are to to live a healthier life which includes better food choices, doing exercise that I think is fun and getting involved in some organization where I can volunteer.

Happy New Year!
    Tina

Ashley
    December 28, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Ohhh… I'd love to start knitting!
    (Way to go! by the way!)

Wishing you an amazing 2010!!

The Manic Mommy
    December 28, 2009 at 5:19 pm

You have a great list! And I also have a weight loss goal for 2010! I think that is def ranked #1 among women!! 🙂 You have a great list! Good luck on meeting your goals and have a Happy New Year!
    Sent from {Ae Filkins} for FMM!!

Namine
    December 28, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Great list!! Good luck on them all.

AriSpark
    December 28, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Greetings 🙂
    Happy New Year! I also want to continue losing weight, get better at crocheting, and start taking better care if myself in general.

Deb Willbethin
    December 28, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Hey, Kenz! It DOES feel good to have a head start on that 'lose weight' resolution. I am nowhere near your loss numbers,(Congratulations, YOU!!!) but I have figured out what will work for me. So, I'm looking at the end of 2009 as a trial period to perfect my methodology. 🙂

(That's making me happy, so just go with me here. We will not discuss rationalization of failures. hahaha)

Onward and forward!

Deb

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations
    December 29, 2009 at 12:35 am

WOW, 70 pounds???! That is absolutely amazing! Good for you!!! I need to exercise, and would also love to learn to knit 🙂

Paige
    December 29, 2009 at 2:55 am

Love your list! I tried to knit, but am sticking with cross stitching instead. I am also looking to lose a little weight and purchased a Weight Watchers scale today. Best wishes to you in the New Year!

KT
    December 29, 2009 at 2:05 pm

There is an award waiting for you at my blog!

Katie