Challenge Exercise Goals Gym Holiday Eating Holidays Lifestyle Weigh-In weight loss

Holiday Game Plan

I lost 5.6 pounds this week which takes me to 68.8 pounds lost since April. My current goal is to reach 75 pounds lost by the new year, and I’m right on track to do it.

Over Thanksgiving I learned that I could eat things that I enjoy without gaining weight, and I plan to do that again over the Christmas holidays. Baking, making homemade candy and fudge and parties can be challenging though I try to remind myself that the next bite will taste like the last. And so far, it has worked for me.

Tomorrow night, I’ll enjoy Thai food with friends at the best restaurant in New York City. And I’ll eat there with other friends Monday night as well before going to the opera. They key, for me, is to enjoy proper portions of the things I love most while remembering that this won’t be the last time I eat it. 😉

Saturday night, my boyfriend and I are going to a Christmas party so I’m going to introduce him to one of my favorite restaurants. It’s a Mongolian BBQ so I will eat vegetables (stir fried with water and teriyaki) until I’m satisfied, along with a little protein which will make it a lot easier to make good choices at the party.

So I’m looking forward to the new week, and I’m ready to face the challenges ahead. I hope to feel better soon too because it’s much easier to workout when I’m not coughing so much that I feel like my chest might explode.

How do you cope with holiday eating? Do you have a game plan to guide you through this holiday season?

Marcelle
    December 11, 2009 at 10:37 am

Fantastic….you are winning and thats all one can ask for.

Sarah
    December 11, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Congratulations! That is amazing! I wish I could come work out with you, you're an inspiration!

Beth
    December 11, 2009 at 4:08 pm

WOW! What an inspiration you are. I've packed on about 15 lbs in the last few months that I want to loose. I don't think I have the will power to start a diet now, so guess what I'll be doing after the holidays?! Got any advise? tips? suggestions?

Trudy
    December 11, 2009 at 7:21 pm

My plan is to eat as much as I can, just kidding. Although, I do blame the pregnancy on much of that. I plan to do just as I did at Thanksgiving…eat a little bit of everything, maybe just a little more of my favorites and NOT go back for a second plate! Also, stay as far away from the treats and snacks as possible and just have a small dessert later.

Congrats on the continued weight loss Kenz, I will likely be picking your brain a lot next year after the baby so I can be on my 'weigh' to losing that 100+ pounds too!

God bless!

♥ Kenz ♥
    December 11, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I do have a lot of opinions Beth…;) You'll see that pretty quickly if I don't scare you away with what works for me.

First, I don't think in terms of dieting. I am doing things now that I'll be comfortable doing for the rest of my life. I enjoy eating the foods I eat, and I exercise even when I don't feel like it.

Secondly, don't wait for tomorrow or next week or after the holidays because the date can always be pushed back. If you don't want to concentrate on what you're eating over the holidays then focus on getting some exercise. Walk every other day for 20 minutes. We get busy, but we make time to do things that are most important. And, for me, losing weight is at the top of my list. 🙂

Diz
    December 12, 2009 at 4:39 am

WOWWWWWWW!!!!! You are smokin girl! "weigh" to work off all that weight- 68 friggin pounds! That's amazing! So proud of you- keep up the good work. Heart you!

You Know Who
    December 12, 2009 at 10:59 pm

You are incredible. My life is fuller with you in it. Love you.

I Know It’s October, But…
    October 16, 2011 at 1:11 am

[…] end of the month so it’s important to create a plan of attack before the parties begin.  I wrote about it during my first year of weight-loss, and I think it’s important to remember what worked so I […]