Cardio Exercise

I’m Not Feeling Well…Just Saying

I’m sick. Ugh…I’ve been feeling pretty awful for the last week and a half or so which (hopefully) means I’m through the worst of it. I’m still coughing a lot and my throat feels as though shards of glass are inside it when I swallow.

I’ve done a lot less cardio this week though I have still made an effort. I’ve also been to every session at the gym though I have found it difficult to muster up my regular energy this week. I’m tired, cold and whiny (but I guess the last one is obvious at the moment. hehe)
But today is weigh-in day, and I’m ready to step on the scale. I hope that my efforts, strained though they have been, will be enough to show a nice loss. Either way, I’m looking forward to next week because I should be feeling better by then. And feeling sick like this is not fun at all.
Do you workout even when you’re not feeling well? Do you let your body rest when you’re ill, or do you push through hoping you’ll just feel better?

KT
    December 10, 2009 at 11:04 am

I think it's a good idea to take is easy when you are sick! You need time to recover! I hope you feel better!

Marcelle
    December 10, 2009 at 11:54 am

it all depends, sometime I've rested and other times worked through it…
    I used to teach aerobic and dance classes and if I could not find a replacement I'd have to teach the class no matter how terrible I felt…

Beth
    December 10, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Hope you feel better soon.

Trudy
    December 10, 2009 at 3:47 pm

I think when we are sick it is our body's way of telling us we need to rest…sometimes trying to do more can exacerbate things.

Good luck with your weigh-in tonight and go to bed early!

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    December 10, 2009 at 5:04 pm

It depends on what kind of sick I am, where my energy is and other factors. If I have a run-of-the-mill cold (no fever), then sweating it out feels good to me. If I have a stomach virus or flu, then definitely not!

In the meantime, I hope you feel better soon! I am getting over a run-of-the-mill cold myself and have been keeping up with my workouts 🙂

Diz
    December 10, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Let your body rest! It will not heal properly if you don't take care of it, which occasionally means giving it a break when it needs one. It's still working hard after all, just trying to get healthy again. 🙂

Rhonda
    December 10, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I say let your body rest and heal. Just stay determined to get back with the exercise as soon as you feel up to it. Good luck tonight!

Deb Willbethin
    December 10, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Hey, Kenz! If your throat continues to have that razor blade feeling, please check in w/ your Md-even if you have already. You could have added strep or the coxsackie virus to your bronchitis. Deb