Cardio Exercise Exercise Videos

Partying and Shredding It In The Comfort of My Home

It is cold outside! Seriously, freezing…So I decided to exercise by the fire this evening. I exercise regularly, and I think it’s fun to change things up from time to time. After having bronchitis for a few weeks this month, I am finally feeling better. I’ve been on my recumbent bike and hit the treadmill, but I’d like to add some variety to the rotation so I’m trying a couple exercise videos.

I’ve heard a lot about Jillian Michaels’ 30-Day Shred, and when my friend mentioned that she received it for Christmas, I went out and bought it too. We started it together yesterday, and while I wasn’t sure I could do it, I’m glad I did.

(Note to Jillian: I do not weigh 400 pounds, but I was unsuccessful in my attempt to do jumping jacks so I did Richard Simmons’ adaptation of a jumping jack..just saying. You said to look elsewhere, and I did. hehe)
It was not easy, but it was not impossible. I did everything that Jillian said to do, and I’ll do it again tonight. I’m going to do it for a total of 30 days then do an assessment. I’m sure the results will be great because I can feel it today.
Another friend came over today after work, and we ‘partied off the pounds’ with Richard Simmons. What can I say? I love that man, and I believe that he truly wants me to succeed. And while his video was on, I forgot that I was exercising. Yay!
So…in addition to my regular trips the the gym and cardio at home, I’m going to add some new and exciting videos to my exercise routine. I hope to see positive results.
Do you use exercise videos? If so, do you have a favorite video? What do you do when you want to change your workout routine?

Foodie McBody
    December 30, 2009 at 2:24 am

I also looooooooooove the 30 Day Shred. But I can't do anything 30 days in a row, no matter how I love it, because it bores me to pieces. So I will do the Shred when I am short on time. I am always completely amazed at how incredibly sweaty I will get in less than half an hour. That Jillian really knows how to pack it in.

I just bought another (older, I think) BL workout video, as well as something called "Yoga for Inflexible People" (ha ha ha) which I am not sure I will ever use.

AriSpark
    December 30, 2009 at 3:07 am

I never thought about using Richard Simmons, but I might have to check that out. I love love love doing my Leslie Sansone video! It's the only video I've found that I can keep doing everyday and not get bored and see immediate results. Good luck with the Jillian vid. 🙂

Xazmin
    December 30, 2009 at 3:15 am

I have used Tae Bo and The Firm…but I have a really hard time with exercise videos. It's not as fun just in your living room as it looks like it would be in a class full of people doing it. I don't know. They're hard for me to stick with!

One of my favorite things I did that was different than just my regular running was water aerobics! LOVED it!

Deb Willbethin
    December 30, 2009 at 9:03 am

Hmmm. My method of doing exercise videos is to get into my sweats, make sure a good space is cleared in the playroom,get the sound exactly right so I can hear it over my huffing and puffing…and then sit on the couch and watch it. Just sit…just watch. Oddly, I'm not seeing much in the way of positive results. I may try your method next. 😀 Deb

Fran
    December 30, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I love the Shred too but like foody above I can't do it day after day because I get bored by it. I need variation. So like her it's my fall back workout when I'm short on time. But I do love it.

Rhonda
    December 30, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Hey, ready for day 3? I'm excited and already planning where and how I'm going to do it when I'm gone for 3 days! I will not have internet access so I cannot check in, but believe me I will be thinking about you and shredding away! Literally, I hope!

I have a variety of exercise dvd's. I like to mix it up. If this was 30 days just 1 level, I would probably get bored. I know what you mean about the jumping jacks. I'm bigger on top, and it just hurts!

Keep it up!