Cardio Challenge Discipline Exercise Exercise Videos Gym

Half Way

If you know me then you probably know that I’ve been doing the 30-Day Shred. And last night I finished Day 15. I feel so good knowing that I can do it. I’m very comfortable with Level One though I’ve done Level 2 as well (only once to see if I could. Yes, I can.)

Jillian says to move on when I’m ready. And while I could definitely move on at this point, I prefer to stick with Level 1 for a bit longer. I’m in this for the duration so I think I’ll complete thirty days on Level 1, thirty days on Level 2 and thirty days on Level 3. I’ll probably even take a break for a few days between each level because my muscles definitely need the rest.

I’m shredding in addition to my regular gym and cardio routine. So while I may be tired, I’m also impressed with myself.

Commitment is important, but follow through is even more important because without it, we will never reach our goals. I’m proud to be half way through the push-ups and the crunches and the static lunges with a bicep curl. But I’m also proud every time I make a goal and stick to it.

Every health related goal I make takes me a little closer to my ultimate goal. And that goal is still lurking somewhere in my future, I am excited to be “one day closer to being shredded.”

Marcelle
    January 12, 2010 at 7:51 am

Its important to do something and you are!!!

Beth P.
    January 12, 2010 at 12:00 pm

This is great. You have such a great positive tone in your writing, it is inspiring. I did the shred for the first time in a long time last night and I feel like this time (I tried it a long while ago and only did 4 days or so…) I can do this. I could not believe I got through the whole workout, but I did, and that makes me feel good, and I want to feel that way again.

Erica
    January 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I just started the 30 day shred 2 days ago. I am so out of shape I cannot even complete Level 1. You are a true inspiration to me. I weigh around 325 lbs. I don't mind exercising but I can't seem to keep things out of my mouth! I love food plain and simple. Any suggestions for someone trying to follow in your footsteps?

Theresa
    January 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm

You are a superstar, Kenz. Seriously.. shredding on TOP of normal gym/cardio.. wow! Back when I was shredding it was my only exercise of the day and I was left feeling totally knackered!

Becca
    January 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm

You inspire me so much!!! I was thinking about you yesterday as I was shredding and thinking how miserable I was…."Kenz would want me to SMILE!!"

~Becca

Sheila
    January 12, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Good job!!! I am so proud of you!!! I did day2 (this morning!) OMG! I'm DYING!! DYING, I TELL YOU!!! I'm going to stick with it, but crap!!!

Watergirl
    January 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I did not have a clue what Shredding was until I read this blog and looked up the DVD on Amazon. I looks AMAZING. Some really positive comments about it. I'm going to order it before my wedding in August to shift the final pounds! I don't think my fitness level is quite up to it yet 😛

Melting Candy
    January 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Dang girl…. great post. You got me wanting to skip work a little early to go hit the gym.

It is amazing when you realize that you are able to complete something that you didn't think you can do, but by pushing that is how we achieve what we want…. Good for you Kenz!

B
    January 12, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Good for you! I'm currently trying to make peace with exercise. I detest exercise in a way I can't even explain but I'm reaching my WW goal and KNOW the only way I will successfully maintain is if I start working some excercise into my routine.

You are the 2nd person who has been talking about the shred lately so perhaps one of these days I'll check it out.

Momma V
    January 12, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Good for you! I am on day 2 and while I have not been able to finish the whole 20 minutes, I am determined like you, and hope that I can finish it in the next few days!! Thanks for the inspiration..

Trudy
    January 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm

You're doing great…I can't even do a push-up, I hope she has a modified version!