Keeping It Real…Again…

Today was weigh-in day, and I stayed the same. I lost a lot of momentum last month being sick, enjoying the holidays and not attending my regular weigh-ins. I did lose weight during that time, but I didn’t do as much as I could have done.
That being said, I started pressing forward before entering into the new year. And I made progress (according to the scale) last week. This week, I stayed the same. And while that has only happened a few times in the past, I’m not terribly disappointed today.
I exercised like crazy all week last week. I mean, I really pushed the limits with myself. Maybe I should have eaten a little more throughout the week. (I was disgusted by food much of this week, but not over the weekend.) Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten junk foods Friday and Saturday. Yep, I’m going with that. 😉
Over the weekend I made choices to indulge in portion-controlled amounts of a couple foods that I don’t usually eat. And when I made those choices (on back to back days) I knew I would have to work hard to even things out. And that is precisely what I did.
I ate a bacon cheeseburger AND donuts. And I’m okay with it because I planned to do it days in advance. But to be perfectly frank, the burger wasn’t that great. I could have been just as satisfied with a chicken sandwich on a whole wheat roll. But I ate poorly. It happens, but it doesn’t happen often. And it will not happen again this week or the next. I’ll make smart choices, and I’ll lose weight.
When I do my best (or mosty my best) it works. So I’m not frustrated. I’m simply determined to make this a healthy week like most of the other weeks I’ve enjoyed since taking control. And I’m overjoyed that I can honestly say that I remain steadily in control of what I eat.
Oh, and I feel like a rock star because I’ve been exercising like a champ. It’s a long, long road. And there will be ups and downs, but I’ll continue pressing forward.
“…And the sun is set
The sun will rise another day…”
-Pearl Jam

Deb Willbethin
    January 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Hey, Kenz!

Stayed the same–which considering the load of salt in the weekend food, that means you probably still lost a pound or so that is hidden by water weight. Dratted sodium!

You have done so amazingly well–consistent losses since APRIL! Not to mention losses over the holidays!

I looked down your weigh-in record the other day and noticed how steady your progress had been–and wished I had been doing that well. (I know–need to put wishes into action…)

You haven't just been wishin' and hopin' as the old song says–you've been acting and doing! Good job.

Glad you were thoughtful about this week–determined, but not discouraged. You've got it, girl!

Deb

Sheila
    January 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Good job! You ARE a rock star!!!
    And something else funny….I just noticed the pic of your "baby" over to the right! Our dog's name is Sadie too! How funny is that! 🙂 (It must have something to do with being Oklahoman!) LOL JK!

♥ Kenz ♥
    January 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Ahhh hahahaha! That's awesome Sheila! I got Sadie after moving to New York, but great minds think alike right? 😉

♥ Kenz ♥
    January 15, 2010 at 3:12 pm

And thanks Deb! Today is a new day and a new opportunity o be consistent. Go for it.

jennykate77
    January 15, 2010 at 4:22 pm

You're doing AWESOME, Kenz! You are totally a rockstar! I weighed in Wednesday for the first time since THANKSGIVING!!! What was I thinking?! I gained 4.2 pounds. It's so embarrassing. I know what to do, why didn't I just do it?! BUT I'm back on track and feeling good about my choices this week and expecting something great when I weigh in next Wednesday. Not giving up is the most important part. You are going to do it! You're such an inspiration and great motivator! Hope you have a great week on the scales next week!

{ALL} for a Better Life
    January 15, 2010 at 6:30 pm

You are such a rockstar! Your workouts have been killer and this a process. You made good choices most of the time and could have made better choices some of the time, but it is what it is and you are okay with it and that is the most important part!

Thanks so much for the comments!

annie
    January 15, 2010 at 11:20 pm

I just started reading your blog and I'm so proud of you, and I really do find you inspiring. Keep it up and keep telling us about it! We need you!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend
    January 16, 2010 at 5:07 am

I too am a new reader and so proud of you…Its a daily battle….UGH