I know we’re supposed to make New Years resolutions at the beginning of January, but I decided to write my future self a letter today because I’m committing, in writing, to reach some goals over the next year. Call these resolutions if you want to. Either way, I plan to do my best to complete this list by the time I open this letter on December 26, 2010.
Here’s the list of things I plan to accomplish:
- Cook at home more often. I do this a few times a week, but I’d like to do it more. I enjoy the foods I cook, and I feel so accomplished when I try something new and it works. Tomorrow night I’ll make “Faux Fried Chicken.” It is seriously delicious, and I can enjoy it without feeling as though a rock has taken up residence in my stomach.
- Buy smaller clothes. Obviously, I want to do this because it means I’m losing weight.
- Lose 8 pounds per month. This is the goal, and it has been pretty attainable so far so I’ll stick with it. If I don’t always reach that goal, I’ll continue doing my best to make it happen. And if I exceed that goal then I’ll keep doing my best to make it happen. So either way, this is a win-win.
- Help someone once a week whether it’s convenient or not. I help people as often as I can which is great, but I’ve decided to become more active in helping with a humble, serving attitude.
- Continue to drink water and stay away from soda. This is another extension of habits I formed last year. It feels like second nature at this point, but openly committing to this reminds me of just how important it is that I continue on this path. I am lighter on my feet, and I have more energy because I do not drink soda.
Now I’m ready to seal the letter I wrote to my future self. But the list is written here so there’s no reason to forget the things I’ve promised myself. I’m looking forward to opening this letter and feeling good about another year of positive changes. 🙂