Discipline Drinks Goals Reflection weight loss

Letter To My Future Self

I know we’re supposed to make New Years resolutions at the beginning of January, but I decided to write my future self a letter today because I’m committing, in writing, to reach some goals over the next year. Call these resolutions if you want to. Either way, I plan to do my best to complete this list by the time I open this letter on December 26, 2010.

Here’s the list of things I plan to accomplish:

• Cook at home more often. I do this a few times a week, but I’d like to do it more. I enjoy the foods I cook, and I feel so accomplished when I try something new and it works. Tomorrow night I’ll make “Faux Fried Chicken.” It is seriously delicious, and I can enjoy it without feeling as though a rock has taken up residence in my stomach.
  • Buy smaller clothes. Obviously, I want to do this because it means I’m losing weight.
  • Lose 8 pounds per month. This is the goal, and it has been pretty attainable so far so I’ll stick with it. If I don’t always reach that goal, I’ll continue doing my best to make it happen. And if I exceed that goal then I’ll keep doing my best to make it happen. So either way, this is a win-win.
  • Help someone once a week whether it’s convenient or not. I help people as often as I can which is great, but I’ve decided to become more active in helping with a humble, serving attitude.
  • Continue to drink water and stay away from soda. This is another extension of habits I formed last year. It feels like second nature at this point, but openly committing to this reminds me of just how important it is that I continue on this path. I am lighter on my feet, and I have more energy because I do not drink soda.

Now I’m ready to seal the letter I wrote to my future self. But the list is written here so there’s no reason to forget the things I’ve promised myself. I’m looking forward to opening this letter and feeling good about another year of positive changes. πŸ™‚

Della
    January 24, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Great resolutions…I've been trying to drink less soda since I started running. I figured I wasn't doing myself any favors, so now I've switched from soda to fat free milk. Yum! πŸ˜‰

MackAttack
    January 24, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Fantastic goals! I can't wait to see you succeed with them πŸ™‚

β™₯ Kenz β™₯
    January 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm

It's been almost a year since I drank soda Della. I used to love it then I missed it..now it doesn't even sound appealing. It definitely makes a big difference. πŸ™‚

Absolutely Positively
    January 25, 2010 at 12:02 am

if faux-fried chicken is like oven-baked chicken, then i know it's good stuff! i made some for the first time a few weeks ago, and it is the best stuff ever! well, next to popeye's, i guess. πŸ˜€ with the leftovers, i cut up a strip i had baked, and topped off a toasted whole-wheat pita with hummus. i bet it's good on a salad, too.

Julie
    January 25, 2010 at 1:21 am

Well I just gave up Soda 1 week and 2 days ago and let me tell you. It was one of the hardest things mentally I have done in recent times. Was at a birthday party today and I past up the cupcakes with an inch of frosting on them with not really a problem but the diet coke, it almost got me! I am sure that the Aspartame has something to do with it. I think we can get addicted to it. Just like sugar. I don't eat much yogurt because it is hard to find it low cal without aspartame! Congratulations on writing down your list! What a great idea to send a letter to your future self!

Mae Flowers
    January 25, 2010 at 3:37 am

I love the idea of writing a letter to yourself. I might have to do this myself. These all look like great goals.

Diz
    January 25, 2010 at 7:27 am

Amen on the no drinking soda…I need to get back on that band wagon. I hate Diet Coke, and yet I drink it all the time. I mean- I hate how bad it is for me, and that I KNOW that it's so bad, and that I can't put it down. :O So I will try to join you in this! HEARTS!!!