Exercise Reflection weight loss

Still Sick

Note to symptoms: Okay…maybe you will win. Day 24 of the shred might have to wait. I have come so close to completing 30 days in a row (as you’re supposed to according to Jillian.) I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn’t workout more than 6 days consecutively. That’s how I usually do it, and it has worked brilliantly so far. But I went into the shred with a goal of doing it everyday, and now I feel like I’m about to fail.

If someone told me that they felt like a failure for those reasons, I’d give that person a hug. I’d say “hey, you’ve exercised 23 days in a row, and that’s an accomplishment. But your body needs rest just like everyone else’s. Your muscles need a chance to heal. And when you’re sick, you have to take it easy if you expect to get better. You need to look at the big picture.”
Okay, so that’s what I’d say to someone else. And today I’m saying it to myself. I’ve been on the sofa all day – except when I was in the big chair and ottoman. And my adorable cocker spaniel (who is in desperate need of a proper haircut) has been laying with me, well on me, all day.
It’s hard to take it easy when you’re so motivated to get to a goal. But it will be harder knowing I could be better already if I had just taken it easy. So laziness and rest will win today.
On a side note, one thing that is completely awesome is that at one point, I would have been looking for any excuse not to exercise whereas now I’m totally committed to working out. And I know that I’ll be able to ease right back into my routine. That is a big accomplishment that is part of the big picture.

Foodie McBody
    January 20, 2010 at 11:18 pm

YOU DID NOT FAIL! It would be a failure to NOT take care of your body which so clearly needs TLC and rest. Please please please rest. There is no "30Day Shred Police" out there waiting to take away your glory. Pick up where you left off WHEN you are completely well, and victory WILL be yours. For real.

But I do understand how disappointing it is to miss working out due to injury or illness. It sucks and it's hard but it's part of the whole journey. We gotta take care of ourselves WHATEVER that means.

Deb Willbethin
    January 21, 2010 at 12:30 am

You are a very wise and successfuly weight-loss hero. Deb

Rhonda
    January 21, 2010 at 1:02 am

Sounds like you are doing what you have to do. Jillian will still be there to kick you in the booty when you are well!

You did not fail! You will finish strong! Hugs..and feel better soon! I've missed our daily FB check-ins. ;(

Beth P.
    January 21, 2010 at 11:42 am

You have not failed because you have not forgotten about it. You're feeling guilty and you shouldn't be, but I understand. I hope your restful day finds you better in the morning! You're doing awesome, one day off can only be good for your body!

Becca
    January 21, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I am glad you gave yourself some rest- hope you feel better!!

~Becca

{ALL} for a Better Life
    January 21, 2010 at 3:29 pm

NO WAY are you a failure! NO WAY have you failed. You are doing this, just hit a little speed bump with the crud. Jillian will be there for you to kick you in the pants as soon as you are up to it!

maranda
    January 22, 2010 at 4:32 am

Found your site from Kelly Korner. Keep up the good work. You have not failed. I'm so Jillian will understand that your to sick to workout today and that she will be waiting on you to get better so she may kick your butt some more.

Bombshell Beauty
    January 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Oh Kenz, who can't relate to how you're feeing? But the real test (which I know you'll pass!) is getting back into the full swing of things once you do feel better. It's so easy (for me anyway) to lag and keep slacking past the point that I feel better, etc. Thanks for the motivation!