Friend Makin’ Monday: Valentine’s Day

This week, the topic for FMM is Valentine’s Day. Amber wants to know what we did and how it could have been better. If you’d like to join the fun, head over to her blog to link up!

The truth is, I don’t think the day could have gotten much better. Last night at midnight (officially V-Day) my boyfriend gave me tickets to see Tony Bennett in concert. He remembered hearing me say that it would be amazing to see him in concert so weeks ago he planned to make that happen on V-Day.
We drove up to the casino in Connecticut where he would perform. We ate dinner, did some gambling and a little shopping then we saw Tony Bennett perform for 85 minutes without missing a beat. The man is 83 years old, but he’s light on his feet. And he’s still an incredible vocalist. He wasn’t just good for his age, he was as incredible now as anyone my age. But the thing that impressed me most about him was his stage presence – he really looked like he was having fun, his humility and the fact that he named the school he founded in Queens after Frank Sinatra rather than himself. How cool is that?
Happy tears were streaming down my face as he sang “The Way You Look Tonight.” And when he sang “I Left My Heart In San Fransisco” I found myself, once again, marveling at the fact that this is my life to live. I am so thankful that I got to see such an icon croon love songs on such a romantic day.
After the show we gambled a bit more, and we left winners which is even better. The valet parking area was full when we arrived so we had to park at the top of a parking garage. The elevators were jammed so we walked down several flights of stairs choosing to make our way into the casino. On the way back, the elevators were empty, but I suggested that we walk back up rather than taking the elevator. Boyfriend was fine with that so I jogged all the way up several flights. I wanted to get my heart pumping, and I did. I felt like a rock star by the time I reached the top so jogged to the car too. 🙂
This was easily the best Valentine’s Day I’ve ever had. Oh, and before I forget, my bf also gave me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. It’s an apple with a little worm coming out of it. I’m a bookworm who lives in the ‘Big Apple’ so, of course, I love it. 😉
If you know me, you know I gush a lot about how thankful I am for my life and the people in it. And today is no exception. I cannot imagine why I’ve been blessed with so much, but I won’t even question it. I’ll just keep being thankful and keep living each day.
What did you do/receive for Valentine’s Day? I hope you felt loved because you certainly are. If you don’t believe that then just ask me to prove it, and I will.

♥Amber Filkins♥
    February 15, 2010 at 7:31 am

So fun!!!! You are a lucky girl! I would ♥ to see Tony Bennett in concert!! And go gambling. And get a charm for a fabulous bracelet. Glad you had such an amazing Valentine's Day. You deserve it!

XOXO

♥ Kenz ♥
    February 15, 2010 at 7:41 am

Thanks Amber! I still didn't feel 100% today, but seeing the doc yesterday definitely made it much, much better today.

I hope we both feel totally better soon and that we stay that way! xoxoxox

Foodie McBody
    February 15, 2010 at 7:48 am

happy wonderful Valentine's day my friend!! I am glad you had such a great day… oxo

Diz
    February 15, 2010 at 8:03 am

This day DOES sound perfect! I love the casino! (shhh…don't tell). Glad it was such a fabulous day for you and your man. XOXO!!!!

Beth P.
    February 15, 2010 at 11:13 am

What a fun day! That sounds just perfect, what a sweet BF you have!

Weighting Around
    February 15, 2010 at 12:05 pm

You are so very lucky to have a man who knows how to romance a woman! I got the traditional red roses and that's all. Oh, I love the roses, but how about getting swept off my feet – like you did? Glad the day was so wonderful for you!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    February 15, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Hi Kenz,

Thanks for finding my newly launched blog and for your enthusiastic words of encouragement! Your success is very impressive. I wish I would have figured it out at your age.

You are so cute, and your Sadie dog, too! And you have an awesome boyfriend to give you such thoughtful gifts. "The Way You Look Tonight" is such a romantic song; both Tony and Frank are the masters of that one.

I'll be stopping back by to hear about your adventures in NYC and your future successes.

jennykate77
    February 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Sounds completely AMAZING!!! I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful V-Day! That boyfriend of yours is a keeper! 🙂

Hope you have a great week!

Trudy
    February 15, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Wow, sounds like a great Valentine's Day for sure! I'm glad you got to see Tony Bennett and how lucky are you to have such a thoughtful boyfriend who remembers these things!

trippingtiffies
    February 15, 2010 at 3:50 pm

your holiday sounds beautiful! i got snowed in, so i made stir fry and did laundry. that's it. we had plans to go to dinner and v-day shopping but mother nature nipped that one in the bud:(

Sara
    February 15, 2010 at 4:46 pm

What a perfect day! Sounds like av ery special Valentines day!

Rhonda
    February 15, 2010 at 5:09 pm

What an awesome day Valentine's day! When do we get to meet this great boyfriend of yours? Glad your feeling better! ;o)

Deb Willbethin
    February 15, 2010 at 7:34 pm

What a lovely day, Kenz! I'm happy for you. Deb

Miki
    February 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely, lovely celebration – hurray! The concert must have been amazing. Hope this is one of many more wonderful Valentine's Days for you! Miki

Namine
    February 15, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Happy Valentines Day and FMM!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! That's so awesome you got to go to a concert!!

jackie
    February 15, 2010 at 11:15 pm

What a great way to spend Valentine's Day!!

mindy2780
    February 16, 2010 at 2:11 am

It sounds like a wonderful Valentines Day. What a great surprise!
    Happy FMM!

The Gosfam
    February 16, 2010 at 2:38 am

What a great day for you. To hear Tony Bennett would be amazing!! Glad you were a winner too 🙂

Happy FMM!!