I was reading a post about lovable qualities, and I do think that we all possess them. I’m lucky to have a boyfriend who regularly reminds me why he loves me. But sometimes (even when others remind us) it’s easy to forget what we should love about ourselves.
So, once again, I am going to share with you the reasons I know I’m awesome and lovable. And I hope you’ll dig as deeply as you need to to appreciate what is lovable about you.
1) I think of others and do my best to be the kind of friend I’d want to have.
2) I’m smart.
3) I strive to improve myself. I try new things. For example, I’m not afraid to try new recipes or new exercises that I’m not sure I can do.
4) My dog loves me more than life itself. She thinks I’m perfect for giving her treats, cuddling and playing with her rope. I honestly wish I could be worthy of all of the love she gives, and to her, I am. 🙂
5) I am sticking with this weight-loss thing. Even during times that I have setbacks, I keep going. And I love myself for doing it even when it’s not easy…or when I don’t feel like it.
6) I love my talents…I sing. I scrapbook. And I chat with the best of them. 😉 Isn’t chatting considered an art form?! No?! 😉 My bad…
7) I love myself for making an effort to be the person I want to be. I expect a lot from myself, and I am taking one step at a time to get there.
8) I’m a pretty good girlfriend. I whine and complain from time to time, but I also make my boyfriend’s favorite cookies for no reason. Hmm…I think this needs to be on my to-do list for the weekend.
9) I try to help friends and strangers when I can.
10) I try to encourage people who are looking for encouragement as well as people who aren’t.
11) I smile at strangers because it makes me happy when strangers smile at me.
12) I’m honest. As I’ve mentioned in the past, this trait has not always been so easy for me. It was hard to accept myself as I was — and to let that be good enough. And some days it’s still hard. But I’m happier knowing that my friends know me and love me anyway than I could ever be by trying to be someone I’m not.
13) I love my eyes. This is new for me because I’ve always kind of thought of my eye color as boring and plain. But I love their shape now because as I lose weight, they’re becoming wider and rounder and happier looking than I ever realized.
14) I’m beginning to love my ankles because they look small, and I still love my well-groomed fingers and feet. I’m starting to have a chin too which is awesome…
15) Most of all, I love how humble I am..;) Just kidding.
I’ve written posts like this before so it shouldn’t be a surprise that I toot my own horn. I truly believe that in order to accomplish these life changing goals that I must love myself enough to know I’m worth the effort.
What do you love about yourself? And whether you’re losing weight or trying to or working on something else, what makes you feel worthy of the effort?
Whether you have a significant other or not, do something to celebrate yourself this weekend. Give yourself a gift (it doesn’t have to be expensive) or treat yourself to a few moments of doting in the mirror. Seriously, treat yourself well, and treat someone else well. You’ll be glad you did. 🙂