Cardio Family Junk Food

Just Checking In

It’s snowing like crazy here in New York…we have about two feet of snow today, and the electricity has been out since about 10 pm last night. Just in case you’re wondering…it is not fun to sleep in a place that’s 50 degrees even if you have two down comforters. πŸ˜‰

We did have a nice time last night though. We played Scrabble by candlelight and listened to the radio. Ha…I mock my boyfriend once in a while for saving his ‘baby boom box,’ but it worked great last night. I’m also proud to say that we both had our big flashlights ready.

(Sadie was on his team during Scrabble.)

Today we’re with Boyfriend’s family, and I’m so happy that they have electricity and heat. We’re going to bake cookies later and order Chinese for dinner. After dinner, I’m going to do the 30-Day Shred and find a way to do some extra cardio.

I felt 100% yesterday, but after last night I have a bit of a head cold again. I love my life, and I love living in New York. And I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, but I’m ready for the snow to stop. Just saying.

I’m sorry for being a little cranky today. I’ll be better tomorrow…promise. πŸ˜‰ How’s everyone else doing today?

Lisa
    February 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I'd be cranky if I was cold and had no power too! We don't have any snow in Boston (yet!) but we had some crazy rain last night. Hope you feel better!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    February 26, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I love Sadie. Did she go to Boyfriend's family's place, too? She looks like she can really spell.

All good here in the Midwest. Our leftover snow finally melted this week. Sorry…..

Chrissy MacCEO
    February 26, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I am in central Jersey and we were housebound today, too. We made the best of it and invited friends over for a Luau!! The kids had a Wii tournament and we drank cocktails!!

Please do me a favor and stop by my site–www.lifeasaceo.com–I switched to WP last weekend and all of my subscribers lost my feed in their reader! Bummer. Please re-subscribe or re-friend me on google friend. THANKS!!

Katie J
    February 27, 2010 at 12:25 am

Hang in there Kenz! I can't imagine what that must be like. I have lived in Cali all my life.

Mae Flowers
    February 27, 2010 at 12:54 am

2 feet of snow? That's insane! Aren't you ready for spring? I am! A couple of years ago we had an ice storm and were without power for 3 days. We slept with hats and gloves on and we could see our breath!

Deb Willbethin
    February 27, 2010 at 1:58 am

Haha. You're allowed a little cranky. When our power went out last storm (for 3 days), the temperature went down to 40 degrees before the power came back on. I was in pretty good spirits the first day and a half, but cranky would have been a good mood by the end.

There's an award for you on my blog. πŸ™‚

Deb

Beth
    February 27, 2010 at 2:10 am

Sorry your electricity went out πŸ™ I thought we were going to freeze to death when ours went out a few weeks ago for 14 hrs. Hope the chinese food and cookies perk you up πŸ™‚

P.S. I love, love, love my down comforter!

Beth @ fatbustermack
    February 27, 2010 at 4:14 am

glad you are able to get somewhere with heat! sleeping without heat doesn't sound so great πŸ™

Diz
    February 27, 2010 at 7:15 am

Girl I would be killing someone right about now. Or trying to cut off my limbs so that I could keep from freezing to death…if that works (WTH?). πŸ™ I hope your electricity comes back on soon, that sounds horrific.

Miss you! xoxo

Mimi
    February 27, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Saw your comment on "Man Meets Scale" and had to say hello…

I was also very motivated by the Jean Nidetch Book, and even started my own "Retro WW Blog"—following the same plan she did almost 40 years ago. YIKES! I have been a WW member for 10 years, and love the program. Good luck on your journey!

It's snowing here in Pittsburgh too, so I feel your pain!
    XOXO