Exercise Exercise Videos Healthy Habits Healthy Living

So Important

Eating healthy foods is important, but it’s only part of the equation. Another very important part of long-term health is exercise. And while we all know it’s true, there’s nothing wrong with a little reminder is there? 😉

And because I want you to know that I really do put my money where my mouth is, I’m posting a video of myself during my 35 minute cardio workout. I was getting pumped for the 50 minute cardio workout that I do with my workout buddies, but as you can see I was already sweating my guts out.

For the record, I’m not suggesting that everyone needs to do 85 minutes of cardio per day to lose weight. Obviously, I still have more to lose than most. And I don’t always do 85 minutes. I typically do 30 to 50 minutes of cardio, I spend the same amount of time on weight training too (and not all at once. Just saying.)

Our hearts love exercise, and our bodies really do crave it. I’m telling you the truth. Your body would rather feel your heart racing than to feel too full because you’ve just eaten a pint of Ben & Jerry’s.

How can I prove that’s true? Well, I’m not a medical doctor, but I can tell you that when I complete a workout I feel excited..I feel happy and proud of myself which usually leads me to come home and tidy up the place or make something extra yummy for dinner. In short, I feel energized.

And I’m sure all of you would agree that you don’t feel motivated exert extra effort when you’re stuffed. The fact is that when we eat more than we should at once, we feel tired…at very least, we feel lazy thus proving my point that the body likes our healthy choices better. 🙂

Life is ours to enjoy. And the choices we make everyday mold our level of happiness. Exercise = endorphins, and endorphins make us happy. I can’t speak for you, but I’d be willing to bet that when you’re out enjoying the fresh air or shopping or (insert activity that you love) you’re much happier than you are when you’re on the couch channel surfing for hours on end.

We have busy lives…We get tired. Believe me, I get it. But it doesn’t take nearly as long as you’d think to turn it around. When I started exercising I did not love it. But I kept doing it, and soon I loved how I felt when I was done (proud, accomplished, etc.) Then I began looking forward to my workouts, and now I crave them. Yes, you read that right..I crave my workouts more than I crave any food.

So if you don’t exercise then start now. And if you do, I’d love to know how you feel about it. Am I right? Do you enjoy exercise? Or do you just power through it because you know you should?

Mike
    February 24, 2010 at 6:08 am

Awesome Kenlie!
    You're doing a great job.. Everyone should be working out just as much as you are!
    Very proud of you!!

Sneaker Teacher
    February 24, 2010 at 6:26 am

Keep it up Kenz! You are so awesome!

bsurrounded
    February 24, 2010 at 6:31 am

I'm with you; I love to exercise. I now exercise because I love how it makes me feel instead of exercising because I want to lose weight. That is a great place to be. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Deb Willbethin
    February 24, 2010 at 8:15 am

Wow. From real numbers to a real live full-body VIDEO of exercising! I'm beaming for you. Freedom is beautiful! 😀 Deb

The Closet of Kim (ShopKim)
    February 24, 2010 at 11:09 am

You are doing such an amazing job! You're an inspiration. I also wanted to tell you that I thought of you and a post of yours from a week or so ago last night. While I was eating dinner, I remember to put my fork down a couple times and slow down! I never thought about that before I read it here. As for your question, sometimes I love getting up and exercising, sometimes I just power through it and sometimes blow it off. It's a love/hate thing.

Mae Flowers
    February 24, 2010 at 11:53 am

Great job, Kenz! You're working really hard! I'm starting to love exercise. Like you said, I love how I feel when I'm DONE…now if I could get myself to enjoy the DURING more! haha

Keri
    February 24, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Oh Kenz, you are such a superstar and gor-JESS! Ok now I have to run today, you've inspired me;)

Jen
    February 24, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I too LOVE the feeling you get after a good workout. Yes, it might have been a bad day and I'm tired and cranky, but when I'm done, it feels awesome!

Tasha
    February 24, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I came across your blog quite randomly. I had a new follower and wanted to check out the blogs that she'd been following and I found you! I like your blog a lot and have subscribed. I took a look at your profile and saw that you like the movie "A Boyfriend For Christmas." I swear I thought I was the only person who liked it!

Take care, and keep up the good work!

<3 Tasha

WaistingTime
    February 24, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I exercise 7 days a week. It took me years to get a habit and I still need to work harder. I don't love it when I am doing it but I love it when I am done:) And I love that I am more fit at 46 than I was at 26! Or 16! (Not thing, mind you – fit.)

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    February 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm

love, love, love it. you're awesome.

The Monkey and Me
    February 24, 2010 at 2:57 pm

You are kicking @$$ girl!! I love it too! Nothing better than a good sweat! Who'd have thunk it? Do you use a HR monitor? I love to see calories burned!

Stacey at Living by Faith
    February 24, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I just recently began running. It is addictive. Yes there are days that I don't really want to do it, but then I go ahead anyways. Once I am out there it feels great, and i enjoy myself. The more I exercise, the better I eat, the better I feel, the more I can and want to do in other areas of my life. I love the comment you made, 'Do something today to make you better tomorrow.'

Becca
    February 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm

YOU ARE ADORABLE!!! So fun to actually "hear" from you!!!! And was that a little love at the end with the "hook em'"????

~Becca

Kimberly
    February 24, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I almost broke a sweat just watching you! You rock!

New England Girl
    February 24, 2010 at 5:30 pm

You are awesome!!! And you totally rock it out on that treadmill. GOOD FOR YOU! I also love the advice you give here… even if it is just personal observations… our bodies definitely crave movement and exercise and feeling alive. Participating in activities that get your heart rate up is so much more endlessly satisfying than gobbing down on ice cream and being inactive.

You really are such an inspiration to so many people, lady. Proud of you! Keep up the good work!!! 🙂

hillary
    February 24, 2010 at 9:21 pm

dude you have a VOICE! mind blown.

B
    February 24, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Thanks for the "pep walk"! Thought you'd love to hear this….my 6 y/o daughter was watching over my shoulder and asked if you were a teenager. When I told her I thought you were just a tiny bit older than a teenager she said "but she looks like one!"

Diz
    February 24, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Some days I power through, but you're right, I love working out too! It DOES get addicting. I'm so glad we share this common love, because it's one that has to be developed, it doesn't come naturally for some of us. But it can be developed, like you said! Yayyyy! You look great girl!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    February 24, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Your joy and enthusiasm is so contagious!! Not many exercise videos put a smile on my face!

It's great that you've got such control of your breathing that you can walk and talk AND make make sense. Thanks for sharing!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    February 24, 2010 at 11:56 pm

P.S. That's "make" sense. Just once.

Anonymous
    February 25, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Hi – love the blog. I tried to email you at kt@alltheweigh.info but the address was not found.

Alexis

Steph
    February 28, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Great job Kenlie….. You are inspiring me to get my butt in gear!!!
    Stephanie

The Closet of Kim (ShopKim)
    March 4, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I know this post is a little old at this point, but I thought I would tell you this. I was on my treadmill this morning and while I was running I thought of this video and threw a few punches out there. Granted, I knocked my earphones out of my ears but still … it was fun! I'm going to try and remember to do it more often.