If you know me, you know I’m focused on weight loss. Eating well and exercising have definitely become hobbies, but I do have fun in other ways too. And today, I thought I’d share some of the random things I enjoy.
1) Shopping with my girlfriends or with Mom and Sis when I’m visiting them. I don’t get to shop with the family nearly as much as I’d like to, but my friends and I do a pretty good job of contributing to the economy. 😉 I bought these Tory Burch Reva Stingray Leather Flats Monday, and I love them. I also bought a pair of leather Merrell shoes that are cute and seriously comfortable.
2) Traveling. I love to travel, and we are going back to Aruba next month.I can’t wait! I’m also so excited to visit my family at my sister’s house in April. I can’t wait to celebrate my little banana’s (my niece) first birthday with her.
3) Losing weight. It makes me happy because I am doing something that isn’t easy. At this point, I enjoy it, and I take pride in it. And it feels so good.
4) My dog. She is a constant source of love and overall sweetness. I’ve never met a dog that loves to cuddle and be mushy so much in my life.
5) Warm weather. I liked Winter most because I could cover up in more clothing. I still like the cozy feeling of a nice sweater, but I love how active I can be outside when the sun is shining and the ice is gone. I can’t wait to get back to riding my bike and walking outside. It’s almost golf season too so I’m really looking forward to the coming months. I can’t wait to sweat.
6) Pearl Jam. Okay, so music, in general, makes me happy. But Pearl Jam has this unique way of making me forget everything else so I can rock out. Whether I’m in my car or seeing them in concert (which is one of my favorite things to do) I cannot get enough of them. They are timeless, people. And their latest CD, Backspacer, is the shiz.
7) Blogging. This is my little part of cyberspace in which I can express whatever I’m feeling or share my little victories with you all. I’ve gotten so many amazing comments and e-mails from people who say I’ve inspired them in some way. I also get encouragement when I need it. Blogging really has been an integral part of my weight loss so far.
8) Baking. It’s funny. It has taken months to realize that I like baking even more than eating baked goods. I baked sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies over the weekend.
9) Taking pictures. This makes me happy on many levels. I love sharing moments from my life on my blog, on Facebook and through scrapbooking. I haven’t spent nearly as much time scrapping lately because other things (like working out) have taken precedent lately. I am working on a small project though, and can’t wait to see it completed. 🙂
10) Manicures/Pedicures. I do this once a week (just had it done today) because I feel so put together and cute when I have nice hands and feet. My favorite color right now is “You Can’t Tappas This” from OPI’s Espana collection.
I could make a list of much more than 10 things that are fun, but I’ll stick to ten today. What do you do for fun?