Friend Makin’ Mondays

I’m back in New York after an extraordinary vacation in Aruba. We arrived a few minutes ago, and while I had a fantastic time, I’m happy to be back home after a long day of travel.

This week on FMM, the topic is Spring. After spending the last several days laying on the beach and swimming in the ocean, I’m ready for Summer. But I’ve been looking forward to Spring for weeks so I’ll enjoy it first. πŸ™‚

1. Favorite things about Spring:

I love sunshine, obviously. And I’m looking forward to riding my bicycle and exercising outside again. Having friends over to BBQ is one of my favorite Spring/Summer activities too. I just love so much about Spring.

2. What I’m doing for Spring Break:

Well, now that I’m a working professional I don’t really have a tradition Spring Break, but I did just get home from a spectacular vacation so my ‘Spring Break’ trip was in Aruba. We have decided to go back in October for a fall trip then we’ll do the same next year. I enjoyed it last year, but this year I fell in love with the island.

3. Favorite Spring flower:

Tulips are definitely my favorite. πŸ™‚

4. Do you have a garden?

I planted flowers on my balcony last year. I don’t exactly have a yard for a garden, but I’ll plant a few herbs again this year…and probably begonias too. πŸ™‚

(See? I even had soil in my hands when I planted it..this pic has gardener written all over it. Does it not? hehe)

5. If so, what do you grow.

Begonias? πŸ™‚ Close enough, right?

6. Do you do Spring cleaning?

Not really…we have an awesome cleaning lady (who came yesterday while we were gone.) It’s so nice to come back to a spotless place. πŸ™‚ I do ‘spring cleaning’ throughout the year as needed. I could do a little in the next month or so. Maybe that will count?

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it’s “officially” spring, doesn’t mean that it feels like it for some of you}

Apparently, it was 75 and sunny here yesterday. I didn’t experience it because it was 90, breezy and sunny where I was. πŸ˜‰ Can you tell I wish I was still in Aruba? πŸ˜‰ It’s supposed to rain a little over the next couple of days, but our temps should be around 60 which is a big change from the last few months. I’ll take it!

8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!

(The weather was beautiful!)

9. What’s your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?

Ride my bicycle, shop (yeah..it’s always a good time for that.) I also like taking Sadie to the doggy park to play, going for walks with friends, sitting outside to eat lunch or dinner, exploring my city and taking pictures, drinking smoothies…

10. Favorite TV show right now?
White Collar. I can’t wait for season 2! πŸ™‚

If you’d like to join the fun, go to Amber’s blog to share your FMM link!

Froggylady
    March 22, 2010 at 5:41 am

Super jealous of your "spring break" in Aruba! I live in CA, but you just can't beat the carribean! So beautiful.

Happy friend makin Monday!

Mrs. Wright
    March 22, 2010 at 5:48 am

I love Aruba! Looks like you had a great time!

kelly at keeping up with kelly
    March 22, 2010 at 6:07 am

U want to go to Aruba some day

Melanie
    March 22, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Hope you had an awesome vacation! It makes me look forward to the day I get back out in a bathing suit again. You inspire me!

MrsJenB
    March 22, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Looks beautiful where you were! But I know I'm always happy to get home, too. Then a day later I wish I could go back. Sigh.

Beth
    March 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ok – Now I'm jealous of your cleaning lady! Tulips are my favorite flowers too.

WaistingTime
    March 22, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Well spring brought 6 inches of snow here over the weekend. Now back up to the 50s! I am looking forward to getting on my bike outside once it dries up and my shoulder injury from my own vacation heals. Should have gone to the beach with you!

OutnumberedMama
    March 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Hi Howdy Hey – Happy Friend Making Monday! Great blog – I am now following, hope you can head over and follow by blog – http://scrapbookingforbusymoms.blogspot.com

honeysuckle
    March 22, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Sounds like you got in a lot of sunshine while in Aruba. Lucky girl! It is sunny here but now nearly as warm as your weather. Happy Monday to you!

Frau
    March 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Aruba sounds amazing I would kill for 90 degree weather! Have a great week.

Jensamom23
    March 22, 2010 at 6:12 pm

What a great vacation! What a treat to come home to a clean home as well! Happy Monday!

Sara
    March 22, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Aruba, sounds like an amazing time!
    After months of stalking your blog daily, I am now following you! I don't know why I didnt do it sooner!

Beth
    March 22, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Stopping by from FMM. Not sure what I'm more envious of … Aruba or the cleaning lady! Pretty sure I'd enjoy pictures of Aruba more than pictures of the cleaning lady though! πŸ˜‰

Rhonda
    March 22, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I love how you spent 'spring break' in Aruba, and I'm envious of your cleaning lady! I know you work, but that must be some job to be able to travel so much and afford it…good for you!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations
    March 22, 2010 at 8:12 pm

I want to go to Aruba!!! πŸ™‚ Tulips are my favorite too πŸ™‚ Happy FMM!

Adrie
    March 22, 2010 at 9:10 pm

It looks like your "Spring Break" was AMAZING! And I can't wait to ride my bike again too. Spring is going to be awesome this year because I actually want to be outside more and not cooped up in my house.

P.S. you look amazing! And so happy! πŸ™‚ Yay for FMM.

Beth P.
    March 23, 2010 at 1:43 am

I keep coming across answers I wish I remembered to put in mine! BBQ's are definitely a favorite here, too!

I'm glad to hear you had such a great time in Aruba!

The Pretty In Me
    March 23, 2010 at 2:26 am

Hi! I've privately followed you for a VERY long time… and so i finally got me a blog and i finally am ready to share my journey with the world and come out of hiding… you have been such an incredible inspiration to me. i'm praying for you!

The Pretty In Me
    March 23, 2010 at 2:27 am

oh – can you follow me? LOL… i would love your input, encouragement, friendship along the way!

Namine
    March 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!! I love sunshine!!! I take as much as I can get! Happy Belated FMM!

legendswife
    March 25, 2010 at 12:29 am

Hi, I'm a late blog follower from Monday:) Sounds like you had a great trip. Tulips are my favorite too:)
    God Bless