Greetings From Aruba!

I’m back in the room after a long day of fun and relaxation, and I thought I’d take a few moments to share some pics from the trip. Obviously, I’ll post more pictures later. I just couldn’t wait to post a few (okay, several) now. 🙂 I hope everyone is enjoying their week as much as I am!

Relaxing by the pool….
Need a drink? No problem…just swim up to the bar if you’re already in the water.
Part of the view from our balcony…
Another view from the balcony…
Our room
Fondue for dessert…yum…I loved this because I shared it with a friend, and I was able to enjoy most of the fruit without chocolate. I dipped a few bites though so I didn’t feel deprived — not even close. 😉

Oh, and dinner last night: lobster, prime rib, mashed potatoes and vegetables. Like I said…not deprived. Delicious! Tonight I had a grilled chicken sandwich with caramelized onions, a little bacon, lettuce and tomato. I’m sure I’ll eat something more interesting tomorrow. 🙂

If you look at the middle of the pic you’ll see me swimming back from the buoy. I swam to the buoy and back several times in an attempt to get my heart pumping and it worked. I also worked out for 67 minutes last night (52 on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical) then 45 minutes tonight (30 on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical.) I hope this pattern is enough to make the scale happy upon my return. 😉
This little yellow duck is an ‘anchor.’ Each week someone from our Weight Watchers meeting takes him home. He’s been all over the country and world with the members of our group. His name is Brightweight, and his job is the serve as a reminder that we have a group to go back to. I love this little quacky duck.
Have I ever mentioned how extraordinarily wonderful it feels to hold me head high? Even in a swimsuit on a beach, surrounded by friends and strangers, I feel comfortable with myself and my progress. Also, walking on the beach is a breeze. I remember crying because it felt impossibly hard two years ago and even last year. Those days are gone friends…Boyfriend and I went for a walk down the beach today, and I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else. Life is so good when you take control of it.
After a day of laying in the sun and splashing around, I’m a little pink. I wore sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. It happens. I’m just glad it’s not too bad. I’d rather eat a lobster than look like one.

I feel so good today. I feel as though I can do anything. Tomorrow the plan is to shop then lay on the beach. At some point I’ll work out, and I’ll enjoy dinner with my hot boyfriend (who is already tan for the record.)

It’s been a great trip so far, and I’m so excited to have a few more days here….Until then….

********************

Don’t forget to come back for tomorrow’s post – falling in love as an overweight girl.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    March 19, 2010 at 7:47 am

Ooh, it looks like you're having a GREAT time!!! Beautiful pictures!

It looks like a very nice resort…maybe when you come back, you'll say exactly which one it was…I'm always on the lookout for nice places to visit! 🙂

Matron-Jo
    March 19, 2010 at 9:03 am

aww it looks sooo beautifull xx

Weighting Around
    March 19, 2010 at 9:24 am

What a wonderful vacation you are having, and so well deserved! Aruba looks amazing, your resort is picture perfect! Have fun, girl!

Missa
    March 19, 2010 at 11:01 am

How good are you to blog mid vacation. Looks like you are having a blast. I love your bathing suit!!

Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

Deb Willbethin
    March 19, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Kenz, Your trip sounds wonderful! And you look great, too! The work you've been doing in the gym really shows. Look at that waist! (My wasist is on holiday, also. I do hope it returns soon.) Keep lovin life, girlfriend, it wears well on you. Deb

Frau
    March 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm

So happy you are having a awesome vacation and working out while on it. High five girl you look great!

The Monkey and Me
    March 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm

That's so awesome. I am so excited for you!!Your attitude is contagious. The vacation looks incredible.
    I LOVE the duckie – what a wonderful reminder. And finding time to exercise while on vaction is awesome. I am going to New Orleans soon. I'm so looking forward to running through the French Quarter and exploring on my own while working out. I love how you swam to the buoy and back. Brilliant.
    You rock girl! Thanks for bloggin' while in Aruba! I'm so glad to hear how it's all going. Keep up the great work, and have a fantastic time.

Beth
    March 19, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I wish I was there with you! Looks like you are having a great time 🙂

Lisa
    March 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Oh my word!! I am so jealous! You look like you are having an amazing time. Way to go on working out while on vacation. It is all about balance (something I'm working on)!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and have safe travels!

Zuzuli
    March 19, 2010 at 3:04 pm

You are radiant! And am so impressed that your working out!! Awesome!!

trippingtiffies
    March 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Props to you for working out on your vacation! Way to stay with it. You truly are inspiring:)

Have fun!!!

Sheila
    March 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm

SOOO jealous of you right now! it looks BEAUTIFUL there!!!

♥ Kenz ♥
    March 19, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I wish you could all be here with me…but since that's not possible I'll try to have enough fun for all of us. 🙂 So far, so good! 😉

You know….I need to workout, but the truth is I just want to..it's so much fun that I can't imagine not doing it while I'm here…it doesn't feel like work these days..it feels like fun…:) It's possible. hehe

Enjoy the day ladies!

Waisting Time
    March 19, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Looks like fun! My vacation was supposed to end today but we are in the midst of a snowstorm so will spend another night and cross fingers we can make the 12 hour drive home. Unfortunately the ski resort is closed due to the crazy winds. Glad I have a laptop and my blogosphere to keep me occupied instead of snacking:) Could use your beach!

Tracey
    March 19, 2010 at 5:19 pm

How pretty! Looks like a great time.

Mommy of Two
    March 19, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Wow, it looks absolutely beautiful there! I'm sure you're having a great time!

Kimberly
    March 19, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Beautiful!! So fun to see you having such an amazing time!

Rhonda
    March 19, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Look at you and all the fun your having! You are FUN, so YOU make it happen! I love the duck. I was wondering the meaning of it when I saw it on FB!

Use lots and lots of sunscreen, don't forget to re-apply. It will become not as much fun if you are burnt to a crisp. Hmmmm, wonder how I know that?

Jessica
    March 19, 2010 at 10:22 pm

How much fun! Those pics are great and you're having such a good time!!

ENJOY!!!

Low Expectations
    March 20, 2010 at 4:05 am

Aruba is simply aamazing! I am so happy to hear you're having a great time. I am also super jealous that you are there!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    March 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm

That is one hot vacation spot that you are enjoying. You look great and so happy! Thanks for sharing some sunshine.

Love that duck!

Annie
    March 20, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Looks like an awesome vacation! I love, love, love the room you're staying in! If you have other pictures of the room, please post them. I'm totally inspired by just the one you posted and am dreaming of a new bedroom! :o)