Accessories Shopping

New Things

Whoever said money can’t buy happiness has clearly never shopped with me. πŸ˜‰ I’m kidding (sort of.) Obviously, it takes more than stuff to make us happy, but I am very excited about receiving my Bodybugg. According to UPS.com, it should arrive on time today. I can’t wait to see how many calories I’m burning vs. how many I’m eating per day.

I also bought a new Michele watch today! I’m so excited because I’ve wanted it for a while, and it serves as a reminder than I’m achieving my goals over time. πŸ™‚ Okay, that’s secondary..I really just wanted it. πŸ˜‰ My wrist feels so pretty right now. hehe

It’s fun because you can buy interchangeable bands for the watch making it match any color in any season. I have the one in the picture, but who knows what I’ll find over the summer? πŸ™‚

Am I the only one who feels a little bit prettier when I’m wearing new accessories? Do you get excited when you buy fun new things for yourself?

Diz
    March 24, 2010 at 6:30 am

I. Love. Shopping. Period. Watches, bodybuggs, new shirts, new shoes. New bags, new food, new jeans, new bedding. New cars, new apartments, new underwear. I buy it all, and love it all. I have a problem.

Tammy
    March 24, 2010 at 11:10 am

I love shopping, and the UPS/FedEx guys have been getting a workout bringing boxes to my house lately! Losing a little bit of weight has caused me to buy new clothes for spring (oh, so sad….!). Shopping for them has been so much fun! Pencil skirts, ruffles, things I wouldn't have tried on a year ago! I should have new black dress sandals on the front porch when I get home today, and two skirts aren't far behind! Now, I'm on the hunt for accessories — I love watches and big statement necklaces!

WaistingTime
    March 24, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I have gotten out of the shopping habit. I think I got lazy about what I wear since I don't have a job and just hang out in grubby stuff. I haven't even put on earrings in ages! But I think that attitude of mine needs to change because looking better can make me feel better and putting in effort in how I look probably translates to effort in other things. Thanks for the reminder.

Beth P.
    March 24, 2010 at 12:41 pm

What a beautiful watch! I need a new one so badly! And yes, I know what you mean by feeling a little prettier. I don't know about you, though, but that novelty wears off pretty quickly for me.

I can't wait to hear about your experience with the body bug!

Frau
    March 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm

So pretty….I just got a new watch for my anniversary and I love it! Can't wait to hear about your bodybugg.

Jessica
    March 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I was looking into getting a bodybugg…because I love watching the biggest loser. But, my sister-in-law, who is a phys ed teacher, introduced me to my Mio Watch. It does similar things as the bodybugg…but much cheaper. Let us know how you like the bodybugg. I am sooo curious!
    Also, I LOVE hearing about what you are eating day to day. I struggle with figuring out what to eat!!! I am scared to eat..and then I get so hungry that I eat whatever is in sight!! HELP!!!

Rhonda
    March 24, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Love the watch! You deserve to reward yourself for the hard work! I'm excited to hear about the Bodybugg too. I've considered ordering one, but doubt I'd actually wear it to school. Ha!

Beth
    March 24, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Since I don't work outside the home I'm usually in track pants or jeans and t-shirts. I only put on make-up when I have to and totally quit wearing my accessories. I need to get back to wearing cute clothes and fixing myself up more!

Zuzuli
    March 24, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I get so excited – it's ridiculous, really. I have put myself on a bit of a ban to save money and make better use out of what I already own (which is quite a bit). Love the watch! Can't wait to hear how you like the Bodybugg – am super curious about it.

Debbie
    March 24, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I love watches, and I am going to see what a bodybugg is. Your blog is really pretty to.

Deb Willbefree
    March 24, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I'm not much of a shopper. I think it is part of the non-materialistic schtick from coming of age in the 60s. You know, all that hippie stuff going on then. Have never gotten over it. I eschew conspicuous consumption like some people avoid snakes. shrug. Deb

Genie @ Diet of 51
    March 24, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Accessories are fun! Who doesn't want the latest bee-bob?

Joanna
    March 25, 2010 at 12:11 am

Diz couldn't have said it better. It's not just clothes or accessories or shoes for me, it's EVERYTHING!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    March 25, 2010 at 1:34 am

i get S-O excited buying new things! i love the idea of rewarding your achievements, cause doesn't it feel so good. and what encouragement!

beautiful watch for a beautiful girl inside and out and all around!