Accessories Beauty Lifestyle Makeup Weigh-In

Pretty Colors

Today is weigh-in day, and while I hope I did well I can’t be sure. I ate reasonably while on vacation, and I did not drink a single pina colada or daiquiri or martini. I ate a little more than I would have at home, but I also exercised more than I would have at home. I stepped it up so I’d be ready to step on the scale. We’ll see how that goes…

And because that’s all I have to say on the subject, I’ll tell you a little (though probably still more than you want to know) about other things that are important to me today. πŸ˜‰

I received the long-awaited Bodybugg last night, but I’ve had some problems with it. It’s still not working properly which means another call to tech support is imminent. I couldn’t call again last night because tech support is only open until 7pm Eastern. What’s that about? It will be working before I go to bed tonight, or it will be shipped back. I hope it’s an easy fix because I believe it will contribute to my weight-loss success.

My cardio workout was much later than usual yesterday because I wanted to be wearing the ‘bugg. I did wear it though only to know what it will feel like when it is working properly. And after a few minutes I had forgotten it was there.

On a different note, I’m excited because I’m attending another taping of the Rachael Ray Show in a couple of weeks. She should just let me host and take a break that day, right? Eh well…I’ll be happy to sit in the audience with friends. What to wear…what to wear…Though I don’t have an outfit in mind yet, I do know that I’ll be wearing jewel tones.

And speaking of pretty colors, I spotted this nail polish at Sephora today, and I was reminded that Spring is here and Summer will be here soon! This year has flown by so far, and I’m looking forward to the upcoming days of warmth and sunshine.

This color, Ocean Potion by OPI for Sephora will definitely be found on my hands and toes later this week. Regretfully, I had a manicure only hours before purchasing this color so I’ll force myself to wait for a few days. It won’t be easy because this color is rockin’…One of my girlfriends came over tonight and left with manicured hands..;) What can I say? I love this stuff!

And while I was out, I also found a lip trio (liner, lipstick and lip gloss) by Bare Minerals. I’m wearing it now, and I’m definitely pleased with it so far. I also tried a Lorac gloss because it’s supposed to be long lasting like a lip stain, but I didn’t buy it. I think I’d rather try the lip stain by Smashbox instead.

So while I don’t have a lot to say about weight-loss until after my weigh-in, I can tell you that I feel prettier than I’ve felt in a long, long time. I feel confident and happy when I’m doing my best to look my best.

How do you feel today?

Frau
    March 25, 2010 at 7:14 am

Good Luck I'm sure you will do well. Have the confidence and feeling pretty is success right there. Have a wonderful Thursday!

TxMarianne
    March 25, 2010 at 7:41 am

I'm sorry the bodybugg is not working yet! Please don't send it back(unless you got a crappy one)! I haven't had any problems with mine. There's just something about having that little thing on your arm that pushes you to do more!

I'm so happy you are feeling confidant and pretty! I love that color too, I think it's on my wishlist actually. But hey, so is about 90% of the store!
    πŸ˜‰

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    March 25, 2010 at 11:10 am

So nice that you're feeling pretty! Feeling good about yourself can go a long way when you're struggling with weight.

Beautiful nailpolish color!

(You don't want to know how I feel today…I have a stomach bug. Yuck!)

WaistingTime
    March 25, 2010 at 12:28 pm

"I can tell you that I feel prettier than I've felt in a long, long time. I feel confident and happy when I'm doing my best to look my best."

Good for you! And you happiness comes through in your post and makes me smile as I sit here still in my ratty pajamas and old shirt of my husbands with bare nails. I need to get me some polish!

Becca
    March 25, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Can I come over and get a mani in that cute color???

I have been wanting to get a Bodybugg but heard online that it didn't work well with a Mac, so I got a Polar HR monitor instead to track my cals burned- works great!

~Becca

Seth
    March 25, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I feel good. I really want a bodybugg. It's cloudy, rainy, and gloomy — but not in my classroom today!

Keep up the good work!

Trudy
    March 25, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I felt pretty yesterday..today I just feel tired, LOL!

Too bad about your Bugg, it stinks getting new things that don't work.

Have a blessed day!

Zuzuli
    March 25, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Regarding the looking your best to feel your best comment, I have decided to give up Starbucks everyday for: a – the calories, and b – the fact that I will now spend that money on bi-weekly manicures and pedicures to make myself feel good πŸ™‚

Barb
    March 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Good luck with your weigh-in! I'm struggling right now, I'm not sure what the problem is . . . I'm going to purchase a WW scale, I think my measurements are off – do you weigh your food?

Sorry about the bodybug – it's so annoying to try to figure things like that out with customer service.

Spring is almost here!!! I am also excited about getting out my fun flip flops and putting a little color on my toes!

Have a great day!

Diz
    March 25, 2010 at 10:35 pm

what can I say, the minute I saw that color I decided I too will need to get a mani/pedi this week and buy that color cause it's just awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

And I agree 100% about looking your best makes you feel confident, pretty, and in turn happy. That's why we're doing what we're doing! So we can look our best and feel our best (or at least that's one reason I'm doing this diet/weight loss thing). It's addictive so watch out! You'll want to feel it all the time, which motivates you to keep going (or it does me anyway). I LOVE IT! And i love you. πŸ™‚ xoxo

Deb Willbefree
    March 25, 2010 at 11:57 pm

πŸ˜€ Glad you're enjoying yourself. πŸ˜€ Ihope the weigh-in went well. No matter what the number, next week will be better. Deb

Sarah
    March 26, 2010 at 12:06 am

Sorry about the Body Bugg, bummer when you are super excited about a piece of technology and all it does is cause you angst.

I'm honestly feeling like an emotional wet sock today but I did look my best and that kept me going. It so helps. It's a placebo affect, but the cuter I look the better I do feel despite my crappy mood. I took advantage of the nice weather and wore my new dress from Liberty of London for Target, my favorite cardi coat from BR. Great accessories in a pair of old Czech glass screw back earring and a fabulous old celluloid flower pin on the lapel of my new trench.

You and I need to go shopping.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    March 26, 2010 at 12:33 am

Bad bugg! Bad bugg!

You are pretty! Hope the weigh-in goes your way.