So Much More

The rain welcomed us home today. And while it’s not super cold outside, I have to say that I prefer the sun and sand. Big surprise there, right? πŸ˜‰ The truth is that I’ve never had so much fun on a vacation. I’m still far from my goal, but the difference I felt from last year is significant.

Have I mentioned how awesome it is to run around on the beach? This was the fourth beautiful beach vacation I’ve taken with the boyfriend, but it’s the first one (yes, first one) that I didn’t hide in the bathroom and cry a little.

At nearly 400 pounds, walking on the beach felt impossible. Don’t get me wrong, I did it, but it was a strain. I was out of exhausted, out of breath and self-conscious. But this time, I didn’t have to put on a happy face. I was just happy. I was able to walk/jog/swim around without feeling tired or clumsy. I was able to be myself without worrying that I’d embarrass myself by sinking so deeply into the sand that I’d fall over.

It was also easier to walk and shop. My friend, Sarah, and I left our guys in the dust as we tried to get some shopping done before the stores closed. My boyfriend bought a beautiful ring for me, and her husband did the same for her. Yay! πŸ™‚

And because I blog about weight-loss, I have to show you some of the yummy things I ate while I was there…

(Beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables)
(You may have noticed that I like lobster and asparagus…and mashed potatoes.)
(And while I was on the beach, I drank smoothies made with fresh fruit, ice and protein powder, and I chewed on my favorite Fiber One bars. They melted in the sun, and I decided that I prefer them warm. It was decadent!)
(And most days, I ate frozen yogurt…for dessert, as a snack…you get the idea. πŸ˜‰ I wonder how many points this cone would be, hmm??)

I feel so blessed to live this life. I don’t take it for granted (most of the time.) And I can’t imagine the difference another year will make, but I can’t wait to find out!

Frau
    March 23, 2010 at 7:55 am

Great pictures….looks like you had a great time on the beach! And the food….the lobster looks yummy! You did so good staying focused on your vacay, really impressed.

Anonymous
    March 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Don't remember how I found your blog, but I love coming here and getting inspired!! You seem like the type that would be your self no matter what, I can't wait until you reach your goal and can totaly be yourself! I think you are doing an amazing thing with your life and glad you decided to workout and exercise to lose the weight instead of some risky surgery. I have about40-50 to lose and you have inspired me to start taking the steps to do it. I have always wanted to be a runner and just thought I couldn't do it and then I saw your video of you on the treadmill and I decided that I can do it too. Thank you so much for sharing your story and putting your self out there!! I hope you reach your goals!!!! Have a wonderful week!

Beth P.
    March 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm

How wonderful to hear that you have found yourself in a truly happy place, and it will only get better! Wonderful news, and I'm glad you had such a great time.

Seth
    March 23, 2010 at 1:43 pm

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'd love to be able to go to the beach right now — I have to admit…I'm a little jealous.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    March 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I am convinced that you are going to get Oprah's job when she goes off the air. We women need a positive voice and champion to inpire us like you. I'd be considered for a position on your staff, right?

trippingtiffies
    March 23, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Great pictures! It sounds like you had a really fun time! I'm so glad!

β™₯tiff
    fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

WaistingTime
    March 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm

It looks like an amazing trip. Glad you had such a good time.

Barb
    March 23, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Hi Kenz!

Looks like you had a great time in Aruba! I'm so jealous – I want warmth!! You are amazing, that's all I can say!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

Barb

rskmom
    March 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I just had to say, I LOVE those Fiber One bars. I haven't tried them warm yet though!

Trudy
    March 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Looks like a fabulous vacay! I'm jealous, you look incredible my dear and so happy…keep up the amazing work!