If you haven’t noticed, I tend to talk about myself a lot. Isn’t that kind of what blogging is all about? 😉 And over the last several months I’ve gotten to know some of you all very well. I even spent an afternoon in Vegas with one of my favorite bloggers.
And while many of us are on similar journeys to healthier lives, sometimes I forget that I don’t know the most basic information about my bloggin’ buddies. So I’m going to share twenty random things about myself – a few regarding weight loss, a few random things and several things that I’d like to know about you.
If you read my blog then you already know how grateful I am for each comment of encouragement, advice and empathy. I’d also be grateful for the opportunity to learn more about those of you who take time to make me feel good on a regular basis.
So I’ll answer the questions below, and I hope you’ll answer some or all of them as well. If you answer them here, obviously I’ll know quickly. If you post them on your own blog then let me know so I can read all about you there.
Either way, I’m looking forward to sharing more of myself with you (yes, I guess it is still possible..hehe) And I’m looking forward to learning more about you too.
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? I like to sleep in late then spend the day shopping, working out and going out with friends and/or my boyfriend in the evening…
2) List your top three favorite TV shows…White Collar, Big Bang Theory and 24
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? I enjoy taking pics, but I love to be in them too…Does that really come as a surprise to anyone? 😉
4) Why do you blog? I started blogging because I wanted to hold myself accountable and remember where I started. Now I blog because I love the encouragement I receive, and I love to encourage others.
5) Share five websites that you visit everyday…
See the links on he side of my blog. I visit those everyday and about a zillion others…;)
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? I don’t think I could pick just one..I’d choose @DizFatty, @TXMarianne, @dkirchhoff, @Jacksht, @FoodieMcBody, @joyarises, @bubblyheart…you get the idea…I adore so many people on Twitter that I may not have met otherwise. It’s fantastic.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks…almonds, crunchy natural peanut butter, 100 calorie pringle packs, every Fiber One product, giant red delicious apples, bananas, Special K chocolate protein shakes, etc.
8) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? I do..! I have an adorable cocker spaniel who is 2.5 years old. She’s a constant source of joy and arguably loves to cuddle more than any other living thing…
10) What’s your favorite drink? I like mojitos, but I prefer water. It’s so thirst quenching. And I have no interest in wasting calories and bloating on sugary drinks…just sayin’.
11) Do you enjoy cooking? I enjoy cooking sometimes, but I love baking! It feels so rewarding to cook and meal and genuinely enjoy it. I’ve come a long way in the last year…
12) Do you have children? Nope…I think they’re cute, but I haven’t considered having my own..who knows what the future holds?
13) What are your favorite hobbies? Scrapbooking, reading, hitting balls at the driving range, traveling, shopping, making jewelry, singing, etc.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? Hmm…I think it’s safe to say that I’m pretty outgoing. 🙂
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? I’d change exactly what I’m changing…I’m working one day at a time to turn myself into the healthy, well-rounded person I want to be.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? I am in serious lust with Matt Bomer from White Collar. Not only is he a good actor, he’s also gorgeous, educated and from Texas. It doesn’t get much better than that…(Note to boyfriend: I want to marry you someday, but I cannot apologize for my infatuation with Neal from White Collar.)
17) What’s the silliest thing you’ve done this week? I tried on a swimsuit that had a built in ddd cup. Note to Lane Bryant: You have some really nice swimwear this year, but not every girl who wears my size can fill out a swimsuit like that which is why I left it on the rack and bought one somewhere else.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them? I live far from family. I know made that choice when I moved here, but I miss them everyday. I’m going to see my whole family next month, and I couldn’t be more excited about it.
19) List three of your talents…vocal music, intelligence and humility…;)
20) What is your greatest attribute? I’m optimistic. I firmly believe that I can achieve anything I want to achieve if I’m willing to work hard and not give up. I have a very positive attitude (which I hope shines through on my blog) and a willingness to try again when something doesn’t go my way the first time. I believe in people, and I believe in myself.
Now it’s your turn…I’d love to know your answers to these questions. Feel free to answer as few or as many as you’d like. I’m looking forward to it.