Dairy Free Cookies Healthy Living New York City Rachael Ray Whole Foods

A Day On The Set

I had a great time at Rachael Ray’s show today! While I wasn’t overly excited about the guests, I enjoyed the cooking segments, and the snack of the day was outstanding too! πŸ™‚

Can you see me? I’m in the back row on the right (next to my friend in yellow.)

I love living in New York because I have the opportunity to the things I did today. And I enjoyed the day with friends who enjoyed themselves as much as I did. I met some nice people and received some awesome free stuff. πŸ˜‰

• A Latin CD with recipes inside
  • Daisy: Morning, Noon and Night, a cookbook by Daisy Martinez who has a cooking show on the Food Network
  • Aussie Deep Conditioner
  • McCormick seasoning packets
  • Look Better Naked by Michele Promaulayko, the editor-in-chief for Women’s Health Magazine.
  • And a tote bag from the RR show

The snack of the day was Home Free Organic Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies. They are peanut free, tree nut free, egg free, dairy free and surprisingly delicious! And the point value is 3 points per serving (6 cookies.) I’m going to order a few boxes today though they’re available at Whole Foods and Mrs. Greene’s. I told you I was excited about the snack of the day. πŸ˜‰

As you can see I had a great time at the show. I enjoyed spending time with my friends and making new ones…I look forward to going back next season. What have you enjoyed this week?

Angela
    April 8, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Hey Kenz! Haven't commented in awhile. Can I just tell you how JEALOUS I am that you live in the most fabulous city and get to do and see the most fabulous things?! I love Rachael Ray and what a fun experience getting to watch a live version of her show! I always love her recipe segments and often challenge myself to making some of her recipes more WW friendly πŸ™‚

Happy Thursday!

trippingtiffies
    April 8, 2010 at 4:51 pm

How exciting! I bet you had so much fun!

β™₯ Kenz β™₯
    April 8, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I did have a blast…it was even more fun this year than last year..I wonder if the same will happen next year! πŸ™‚

jennykate77
    April 8, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Kenz, that is soooo cool!! I could totally spot you in that group pic! πŸ™‚ I love RR…she's so fun and seems so nice. That is one of the things I would love to do if I ever visit NY. The free stuff rocks!

Waisting Time
    April 8, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Oh – I want to go now! Looks like such fun.

Tammy
    April 8, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Wow! I am so jealous! I've never seen an entire episode of RR because she is a little perky for me, but I would totally go to a taping! I wish I had your job because I've been at mine for almost 21 years, and I don't get nearly as much free time as you do! I've been looking for those McCormick seasoning packets, but I haven't seen them in my grocery yet.

Zuzuli
    April 8, 2010 at 7:18 pm

One of my favourite things to do in my city is find things to do in my city. Ha!
    There are so many inexpensive tours and museum trips and parks and nooks and crannies. I love being tourist for a day πŸ™‚

Sib
    April 9, 2010 at 1:33 am

WOW Kenz, how exciting for you. Being in Australia, I have never heard of Rachael Ray yet I imagine being on any set would be an interesting eperience at the least. Living in NYC alone would be an awesome experience.

M
    April 9, 2010 at 2:04 am

Hi Kenz! I recently found your blog and read it now daily. πŸ™‚
    I could spot you in the audience. What fun?!
    I live outside D.C. and went to see Tara and Shay from the Biggest Loser at the convention center a few months back and I could find myself on a clip they showed on the show!!
    I'm finding we have much in common, including the love to shop. πŸ˜›
    I remember you writing of the BodyBugg. I have one and really love it. The accountability of the program is great.
    Have a great Friday!!

::kacy::
    April 9, 2010 at 3:11 am

that is really cool! i'm glad you had a great time! NYC is so amazing πŸ™‚ would love to visit sometime.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    April 9, 2010 at 3:16 am

Looks like everyone is having fun; I see you standing near that staircase!