Cardio Exercise Gym Junk Food Travel Weight Watchers WW Points

Back In The Groove

Today is my first day back in New York after an outstanding week with my family in Colorado. Everything about my trip was awesome. And though my eating habits certainly could have been better – though I considered each choice as I made it – I exercised several times while I was there. We were also active everyday so I hope the scale reflects the work I did to burn off the calories I ate while I was away.

We don’t have Chick-fil-A restaurants in New York so I ate Chick-fil-A sandwiches for lunch almost everyday. (Yeah..not joking.) Their “Original” is worth 10 WW points so I skipped the fries and ate fruit instead. I also ate sushi twice, but I do that at home too. What can I say? I know what I like. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I ate other things that I wouldn’t normally eat like chips and queso at the Mexican restaurant and one cup of Chicken Alfredo (16 WW points per cup. Yikes!) and ice cream.

On the flip side, I ate so much Fiber One Key Lime yogurt that I’m surprised I haven’t turned green. Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but I ate it once a day. I’ve mentioned it before, but that stuff is incredible! I wish I didn’t have to travel all the way to New Jersey to find it! I also ate grapes daily and ate more than the recommended amount of fiber each day. And I drank so. much. water. I always drink water, but there were some days in which I drank a gallon.

Even eating some unhealthy foods each day, I burned more calories than I took in. I mentioned in my last post that I ate “controlled amounts of garbage,” and it’s true. But I can honestly say that I feel better today eating healthy foods- lighter on my feet, more energized and ready to workout – than I did staying within my WW points eating unhealthy foods. On a side note, weeks like this definitely prove why Weight Watchers works long-term.

Since returning last night I’ve already been to the supermarket. I’ve stocked up on fruits, veggies, lean meats and milk. And while vacation was great, I’m excited to be back in my routine of healthy eating and exercise. I worked out at the gym earlier today, and now I’m heading out to do some cardio.

I’ll face the scale tomorrow, and I hope I see a loss. But whatever happens, I’ll remember that I made choices that weren’t as healthy as usual. And I’ll remind myself that I’ve already jumped back into my regular, healthy mode, full of good food and healthy choices. Next week will reflect that, and today is a new day. I choose to make it a healthy one.

How’s your week going? What kind of choices are you making?

Katie J
    April 21, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Welcome back! Hope the scale is kind to you.

Anonymous
    April 21, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Glad you had a great time!!
    Thanks to you I have signed up for WW online. With four kids and hubbys crazy work I didn't think the meetings would work. I have 45lbs I would love to loose but right now it seems so impossible!! But I know by coming here it is possible, thank you so much for sharing your story!! I hope I can find the determination you have to keep going!!
    Laura

Tammy
    April 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Glad you are back – missed you while you were gone! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family. It's funny, we have Chik-Fil-A everywhere, and I never think about going there! I love their spicy wrap sandwich. At my weigh-in today, I stayed the same. Not great, but better than a gain. I hope you do well at your meeting tomorrow. My motto this week is: "I choose to lose".

Deb Willbefree
    April 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Welcome back, Kenz! Glad you had fun and may you have a generous scale tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜€ The fact that you didn't use your vacation as an excuse to binge should show up in your favor. Deb

Diz
    April 21, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I'm trying to make healthier choices too! We'll see how it goes- usually when I'm left to my own choices, I don't do super well. But what can I say? I have no scale to gauge my progress on! ๐Ÿ™

Ok, have to run, love you tons!

xoxo-

D

Barb
    April 21, 2010 at 10:48 pm

So nice to have you back in commission! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your sister and niece.

Food choices are so hard! So is dieting! Today was a really hard day for me – not that I made bad choices, but just one of those days :O( My son is getting married on May 21st, so I decided to go try on dresses . . . . big mistake! I think I will just order one and hope for the best.

But, I did find a fast food restaurant where I can actually eat – Taco Time has street tacos they are only 6 points for two of them!! And, they are wonderful, you must try them!

Good luck at the scales!

Hugs,

Barb

Lisa
    April 21, 2010 at 11:19 pm

You did a great job so no matter what the scale says you rock. ๐Ÿ™‚

Karen@WaistingTime
    April 21, 2010 at 11:51 pm

It sounds like you did really well on your trip. I have to admit that I just never got into Chick-fil-A when they came to town last year or so. I didn't even know how to pronounce the name!

M
    April 22, 2010 at 12:30 am

Welcome home! You sound like you've found your stride again. We'll be having Chick-fil-A tomorrow night after our concert. I love the char-grilled chicken sandwich. GL with the scale tomorrow!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    April 22, 2010 at 2:21 am

It's hard to believe that there's something that New York doesn't have.

Glad you had a great time; I'm sure your family was excited to see your progress and healthy attitude toward food. Good luck tomorrow!

jenjen
    April 22, 2010 at 4:21 am

Good luck tomorrow! I love key lime yogurt. I eat it every day too. I wish I could buy a vat of yogurt. I could eat it all day long!

I'm glad you had a fun time with your family!

XOXO
    Jen

Funnyrunner
    April 22, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Wow. Actually sounds like you did pretty well on vacation compared to how I eat. It's true that you feel better when you eat healthily, isn' it? I run much better when I've eaten well than when I snack on crap. congratulations to you many times over for keeping it going. And GOD I love Chik Fil A sandwiches. I treat myself on special occasions (like yesterday for completing the Boston marathon… lol)

Vaia
    April 22, 2010 at 2:54 pm

You are so on the right path – it's ridiculous!! You thought about everything you ate and make choices without thinking (ie fruit instead of fries). It's so easy to 'slip' when away from your normal routine but you pretty much stayed the course. Love it!

jennykate77
    April 22, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Ah, Colorado…HOW i LOVE thee! That's seriously my fav place to vacation (well, aside from Forks, but I haven't been there yet) ๐Ÿ™‚

Isn't that the beauty of WW…you can be a normal person and do normal things and splurge a little here and there! It truly is a lifestyle, not a d*et (bad word)! I bet you'll do great at the scales! Good luck!!