Bicycle Cardio Exercise Healthy Habits Healthy Living weight loss

I Need Help Tonight

I need to be encouraged. I’ve had a good day overall, but I’m also stressed about a few things. I accomplished what I needed to accomplish, and I did some fun things too lie shopping and exercising. But I’m feeling strange, and I think my spirits need to be lifted.

Overall, I’ve done pretty well with the weight-loss thing, but you wouldn’t have known that if you had been watching me this weekend. I didn’t exercise on Saturday and Sunday nor did I track my foods. Holidays are no excuse not to track. And while I don’t think I over ate much, I can’t really be sure because I counted in my head.

Tracking works, and I usually enjoy doing it. But I haven’t opened my tracker since Friday! Can you imagine that? I always (with exception of this weekend) write down what I eat! I was fairly active on Saturday and Sunday, but not nearly as active as I usually am.

I’m telling you this because it stops today. It stops right now. I rode my bike/jogged/walked for a solid hour today, but I should be doing it everyday. I’ll definitely do it again tomorrow and Wednesday! And I let other things (book signing, driving a friend to Connecticut and back, Easter celebrations with boyfriend’s family, cooking) get in the way this weekend. And while that’s unusual, I realize how easy it would be to let two days turn into three and three into four, etc.

When I eat well and exercise, I lose weight, period. And part of healthy living for me includes knowing exactly how much I’m putting in my mouth. I have no excuse not to especially since I enjoy it. So as soon as I finish this post I’m going to go upstairs to grab a new weekly tracker. I’m going to reach all of my goals for the week starting today.

That’s the best I can do so I’ll lay the weekend regret aside and commit to being the person I want to be today. And that person is going to grab her food journal right now..

Keelie
    April 6, 2010 at 3:44 am

I think you just encouraged yourself, but I'll add to it anyway:)

I like to think about "a week from now"…A week from now you will either be super proud that you tracked everything you put in your mouth, or you'll have wasted a week you can never get back. In a week you will have either gained weight, stayed the same, or lost. The choice is yours–so just do what you KNOW you gotta do girl!

You are an inspiration to us all. You got this!!!!
    Keelie

Rhonda
    April 6, 2010 at 3:58 am

Kenlie…get back on track. Do the things you know that work for you. You've lost 92 pounds so you know what to do to lose weight. You can do this. Don't let this weekend throw you off any longer.

Keep on rockin' it…You deserve it!

Diz
    April 6, 2010 at 4:08 am

Girl everyone has their ups and downs, so you had a relaxing weekend. Now get back up and start things up again. It's ok to take a break every once in awhile, as long as (like you said), it doesn't turn in to 3 or 4 days…or longer. You can do it! You ARE doing it…

Sib
    April 6, 2010 at 5:10 am

Hey Kenz, be a little kinder to yourself. This is a journey… enjoy it!! If that means taking a detour here and there, then that's OK.

I remember someone once saying (in a negative way) that if we only follow *the plan* 80% of the time, we'll only lose the weight 80% of the time. And I used to be an ALL or NOTHING girl. However, it was never sustainable and I ended up heavier than ever and being very cranky with myself.

Now I see it differently. Following *the plan* 80% of the time and only losing weight 80% of the time is still far better than never losing it at all. And for me it's far more sustainable. So whether it's 80% or 50%, it's all relative. We simply need to decide what we are willing to put in and know that that's what we then get out. And that it's OK for it to change from day to day.

You're already doing a marvellous job (*_*) xoxo

Frau
    April 6, 2010 at 7:45 am

Today is a new day! You have the right attitude and are an inspiration to so many! Here's to a great week…cheers!

Ms. Chunky Chick
    April 6, 2010 at 9:26 am

you realy are such an inspiration! I so love your posotive self talk!

Sneaker Teacher
    April 6, 2010 at 9:31 am

Don't beat yourself up about it, but get back to what you know is working. You are right that one day can turn into many and that is not the direction you want to go in. You are so motivated and so on track that it's inevitable to slip up every once in awhile, but the important thing is to get back on track and leave it behind you.

You are doing such an amazing job. I am jealous of your commitment to your goals and how strong and focused you are. I need to work on that determination! Maybe take a moment to write down what happened this weekend and your feelings about it. If you associate missing exercise and not tracking with feeling upset or worried about it, then you are less likely to do it again.

You are AMAZING Kenz…remember that always!

Tammy
    April 6, 2010 at 10:57 am

I needed to hear this right now! Our WW at Work session ended on Mar.24, and the new one starts tomorrow. I have been really slack during that time without a meeting! I totally agree with you — this stops TODAY!!! You are doing great and are such an inspiration, just get back on track, and great things will happen!

Waisting Time
    April 6, 2010 at 12:24 pm

What a coincidence: I just finished commenting on another blog about this whole food journal idea. I think I should give it a shot; haven't done it in years. I would add to what you wrote: when I eat well I FEEL well!

Becca
    April 6, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Here is the thing- weekends like that happen and it is OK! It is good to give our bodies a little break, so please don't beat yourself up about it- it sounds like you are jumping back on the bandwagon, so you will be back in the groove in no time! You can do it girl!!

~Becca

Shawn
    April 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm

We all slip once in a while it's how quickly you pick yourself up that counts! Keep up the good work!

♥ Kenz ♥
    April 6, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel a lot better today..I got a good workout in yesterday and today. And I'm heading out for a second round of cardio later today with friends…

I love the fact that I asked for encouragement and received it. Many many many thanks…xoxo

Debbie
    April 6, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I am glad you are having a better day.