Accessories Keen

Shopping For Shoes….? Me?

I weighed in last night showing a loss of 0.6 pounds this week, and I’m trying not to be too disappointed about it. I had hoped to lose more, but I have mapped out a plan to make this week a better one. I congratulate others for making progress so now is the perfect time to practice what I preach, right? Now on to shoes…

Yesterday I did some shopping because I desperately needed smaller clothes. It’s an awesome feeling to walk out with clothes that are 8 sizes smaller and flattering as opposed to walking out with multiple versions of whatever fits. I don’t expect the novelty of shopping for clothes to wear off for a long, long time. Who am I kidding? I’ll always love it.

But as important as it is to wear properly fitted clothes, (Yes, I do think it’s terribly important! I no longer believe in wearing baggy, frumpy outfits as an attempt to hide myself.) I think it’s also equally important to wear shoes that feel good and look good. I’ve purchased a few pairs lately that complete my outfits while adding a little flare.

These red, patent leather Ecco flats that I bought in Colorado have made me feel adorable and a little sassy since I first tried them on. And because they’re Ecco, they are super comfortable! I like to pair them with outfits in place of black which is something I do with my Tory Burch Stingray flats a lot too.

When I do want to wear black, I love wearing these slides. Cole Haan is incredible because the heels often contain a Nike air bubble. Does it get better than polished looking sandals that yield the comfort of a sneaker? I don’t think so…

And speaking of sandals, who doesn’t love flip flops?! I bought this pair of Keen flip flops because I think they’re a bit nicer than the plastic flip flops I used to wear from Old Navy in my early 20’s. And because they have an arch, they’re actually comfortable for all day wear.

Speaking of all day wear, these Merrell slides are perfect for walking when I’m not in the mood to wear sneakers. They’re pretty granola not as feminine as most things I wear, but they make me feel as though I’m gliding around on clouds so they get my seal of approval.

And some days I just want to feel adorable. These 3.5 inch espadrilles make it easy to feel instantly feminine whether I’m wearing a sun dress or a pair of cropped jeans. I bought them at Target, but they’re surprisingly comfortable. I wore them this evening, and they’re definitely easy to wear. They were totally inexpensive so even if I wear them a few times and move on, I’ll still feel as though I got my money’s worth out of them.

Do I consider myself to be materialistic? I guess so…at least a little. I just feel good when I look my best. And shoes, clothes and accessories that fit my new and changing body make the process much more exciting. I hope you treat yourself to special somethings that make you feel good. It doesn’t have to be expensive to make you feel like a million bucks! 🙂

I’ve said this so many times before, but I’m saying it again – Life does not stop until we feel perfect about ourselves so I choose to do the best with what I have now as I continue moving forward. My best includes flattering outfits, and even more importantly, an uplifting attitude and a myriad of healthy choices. What helps you feel your best?

Frau
    April 30, 2010 at 5:49 am

You are my kinda girl! I love shoes…living here in Germany the shoes suck and are so expensive for the quality. I'm moving back to USA in July my plan is to join WW and my reward will be new shoes! I agree if you look good you feel good. Right now I'm not feeling or looking so hot but soon. Love your style by the way!Have a great weekend.

Tammy
    April 30, 2010 at 11:04 am

Congrats on the loss, even though it was small. This was my second week without a loss, so I'm working on a plan as well.

I love shoes and clothes, too! Yours are really cute, and comfort is a bonus! I have an ugly pair of Keens that are definitely for outdoor activities, but they are so comfortable. I also have a pair of Merrell hiking shoes (bought for the cruise to Alaska), and I never even had to break them in — they fit perfectly from day one. I was at Payless on my way home last night and bought 2 pairs of flats while it is BOGO.

Have a good Friday!

Physicallee Fit
    April 30, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Ecco flats. Those are so dang cute. I would love to buy them; however I wear size 12. Payless Shoe Source and drag queen shoe stores are pretty much all that carry my size. Stuart Weitzman does too, but I can't afford his shoes yet.

Anyway, keep posting pictures of delicious shoes so that I may live vicariously through your feet, please!

Anonymous
    April 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm

OMG. I covet your espadrilles. (Now that's a sentence I never dreamed I would type!) 🙂

The ruby slippers are FAB too!

In my book, you are THE fashion princess.

Janna
    April 30, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I ALMOST bought those shoes from Target yesterday…instead I came home with a different pair…and I want 3 others. Isn't that how it always goes?

Congrats again on the loss! Keep it up!

M
    April 30, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Shoes, shoes, shoes…..Oh be still my beating heart!!! 🙂
    New shoes, nail polish and lip color always get me in a fab mood.
    Congrats on the loss!
    Isn't that a Fendi bag too? Cute!
    Have a great weekend, it's going to be beautiful!

Shell
    April 30, 2010 at 4:43 pm

shoes are fab – I love a bright pair of shoes paired with a black outfit

congrats on your loss (and knowing your body so well you knew what to expect this week) you're doing it girl! looking forward to celebrating the first 100 along with you

these days are so busy it seems just taking a shower puts me at my best (lol) but what makes me feel great is a kick butt workout. I always feel so strong and empowered afterwards

Deb Willbefree
    April 30, 2010 at 7:28 pm

congratulations that the scale is moving in the right direction–and so sorry that it is going at a snail's pace! I'm guessing that next week will make it up to you with a big loss! Deb

Keri
    April 30, 2010 at 9:13 pm

omg I'm sooo jealous. You have the greatest taste in shoes (and cute feet… lol). Must be awesome living in NY!

Beth
    April 30, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Super cute shoes! If you happen to be a size 8 I'll take any you get tired of 😉 Have a great weekend!

Reese
    May 1, 2010 at 3:11 am

Ahhhh! I love that it is time to wear flip flops and sandals again. Cute, cute shoes!
    Way to go on the loss! 🙂

Genie @ Diet of 51
    May 1, 2010 at 3:29 am

My favorite pair of shoes EVER were a pair of Cole Hahn black slides. Wore them out, and still miss them!

Those red ones are the bomb, plus those espadrilles! That is just great word, don't you think?

You will see a bigger loss next week, I just know it!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    May 1, 2010 at 3:30 am

Correction: Just "a" great word. Missed a word, I was so excited about espadrilles!

Annie
    May 1, 2010 at 4:05 am

Just wanted to say hi and…thank you! This blog inspired me to go to my first WW meeting on Thursday. I've done WW online on and off for a few years, with very little success and I'm finally ready to get serious and attend meetings. Thank you for the inspiration!

Oh, and btw, super cute shoes!! I love the red ones!

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 1, 2010 at 4:58 am

I love the fact that I'm not the only one who thinks espadrilles is an awesome word. 🙂

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 1, 2010 at 4:59 am

Beth, I'm actually a size 9..LOL

And Annie, wow..I'm so excited for you! I go on Thursdays too, and it's my favorite day of the week now. I love it that much. 😉

Keri, it is so completely awesome to live in NY. I love it. 🙂

Still excited that others love the word, espadrille. 😉

Becca
    May 1, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I'll take one of each of these in a size 9 please.

thanks,

~Becca

"D"
    May 2, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Your shoes are all super cute. I am a little partial to the espadrilles from Target. I own the same pair. 🙂

Bombshell Beauty
    May 3, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Great shoe choices!! So cute.

Jon and Steph
    May 4, 2010 at 3:48 am

I told you the red shoes would be a hit! Aren't you glad you got them now?