The ABC’s of Kenz and Other Stuff

Today is weigh-in day. What can I say? I hope I have a stellar loss. I’ve worked harder this week than I have in the few weeks prior, and I’m seriously ready to reach that 100 mark. I don’t expect it to happen today, but I definitely want to see advances in that direction.

I’m thinking about giving the Bodybugg a rest in the upcoming week. I know that if I workout as usual I’ll reach my calorie deficit for the day, and frankly, it’s confusing. I feel like it’s an unnecessary distraction since I already know how much I should eat and how much I should exercise. I’m not saying I’ll give it up for good…I think I’ll just take it off tomorrow and reevaluate next week.

People have asked me if I think it’s worth the money. I don’t know. I know that it made me aware of my caloric burn while I was away, but I came back showing a loss of 2.4 pounds – about 5 pounds less than my last trip. So it’s certainly not an extraordinary device that simplifies weight loss. I’ve done better on several previous trips by simply counting food and activity points. Thank you, Weight Watchers…

It might be perfect for someone who isn’t already tracking their food and activity levels, but for me it seems like an unnecessary crutch. I was pleasantly surprised by my level of movement when I saw the numbers for myself, but was it worth $300? Nah. If I could return it today, I would. Does that mean you shouldn’t try it? Absolutely not! If you’re looking for a starting point then the Bodybugg could be a good thing. But if you asked my advice, I’d suggest investing the money in seven months at Weight Watchers instead.

Wish me luck weighing in. I know I create my own ‘luck,’ but it makes me feel better knowing that there are people wishing me skinny vibes..;)

************

On a different note, I was reading Andrea’s blog yesterday and stumbled across this cool ABC questionaire. I love stuff like this so I decided I’d post my own here. If you’d like to see her answers, check out her blog. She’s a super lady!

The ABC’s of Kenz

A) Are you a PC or a Mac?
I own both. I suppose you could say that I’m a PC by birth, and a Mac by the grace of God..I prefer Apple because they just don’t crash as often, but I’m sure I’ll always own a PC too.

B) Best show currently on TV: White Collar…even setting aside that fact that Matt Bomber is the sexiest man alive, the show is solid…I can’t wait until the new season starts in June! And in case I haven’t been clear in the past, this is what lust looks like from my eyes…

C) Chore you dislike: I don’t despise any particular chore. My lovely cleaning lady does the stuff that I wouldn’t want to do like cleaning the wood floors after a snow storm and such…I’m thankful for her and her desire for perfection in her work. πŸ™‚

D) Dogs or Cats? Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. Cats can be cute too, but I love dogs!

E) Essential “Start the day” items: I have to eat breakfast…I’m not a fan of eating early, but it’s so important to get my metabolism started. I do it. I usually drink a Special K Chocolate protein shake or eat Fage 2% with strawberries. I could eat Greek yogurt for breakfast and dessert. Sometimes I do.

F) Favorite Color: I’ve always loved pink, but lately I’m in love with teal and pearly shades of blue. When I got back from my last trip, my bestie said “Kenz, you’re going to turn teal!” I just know what I like. πŸ˜‰

G) Gold or Silver: Silver…platinum…diamonds…

H) Height:
5’4″

I) Instrument you play: piano

J) Job: Yep…love it.

K) Kids? Nope…

L) Living where? New York, of course…!

M) Mom’s name: I call her Mom. πŸ™‚

N) Nickname: Kenz is actually my nickname. πŸ™‚

O) Overnight hospital stay: I hope not…

P: Pet Peeve: a wet bathroom sink…it’s bothersome.

Q) Quote from a movie: Noah from The Notebook said, “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.”

R) Righty or Lefty?
I’m a lefty…

S) Siblings:

T) TV shows you watch: Big Bang Theory, White Collar, 24, Ruby, etc. Thank you, DVR.

U) Underwear: Yes? I mean…I wear it.

V) Veggies you like: squash, zucchini, green beans, turnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, green peppers, spinach, baby bok choy…I’m pretty impressed with myself right now because this list could go on and on…;)

W) Ways you flirt:
I smile or bite my bottom lip or bat my eyes or giggle, etc.

X) Expiration Dates – do you keep or toss?
I keep things like unopened cream cheese, but I toss milk..

Y) Yummy foods you make: Faux Fried Chicken, Angel Cookies, Onion Rings, etc.

Z) Zoo animal you like: Giraffes are my favorite in case that was not previously clear…:) They’re just so cute!

I suppose I’ve said enough for one blog post. Don’t forget to wish me good luck on the scale…;) I’m ready for it!

Frau
    April 29, 2010 at 5:51 am

Love your ABC's answers! Good Luck with your weigh in! Be proud you have done amazing and you are amazing!!

Shell
    April 29, 2010 at 7:24 am

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Regardless of what the scale says – you did it and are doing it! Keep it up πŸ™‚

Thank you for your honest review on the BBug. I've been wondering about it for a while and this helped me tremendously.

Trudy
    April 29, 2010 at 8:11 am

Yes, best of luck to you on the scale today my friend! I'm sure if you don't hit your mark this week, you will for sure next week. How terribly exciting for you!

Loved the little survey, I might have to borrow it!

TxMarianne
    April 29, 2010 at 8:52 am

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! I know you'll have another great week.

I'm sorry you don't like your bodybugg that much! πŸ™
    I absolutely love mine! I hit a several month platuea at the 55 lb mark when I was doing weight watchers and this helped me see I wasn't burning enough everyday. For me it's easier to count calories and focus on my fat/carb/protein intake instead of points. But we are all different! You've found what's best for you & something you like to do day in and day out. That's what's important!

Weighting Around
    April 29, 2010 at 11:06 am

Good luck at the weigh-in.

Your little survey was interesting, I learned quite a bit about you… And thanks also for the info about the Bodybugg. I was wondering if it would be helpful and you answered my questions without my even asking. And Matt Bomber…wow!

karen@fitnessjourney
    April 29, 2010 at 11:55 am

Thanks for the review of the BodyBugg,it's always good to get the scoop from someone who has used a product.

Becca
    April 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Great answers! Thinking about you & that scale today!! I'll be looking on twitter to hear about it!

~Becca

Beth
    April 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Good luck! Sending lots of skinny vibes your way πŸ˜‰ I love reading these type of posts. It's fun to get to learn more about you.

TAMMY
    April 29, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Love that quote from The Notebook! It's one of my all time favorite movies!

Debbie
    April 29, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Good luck, good luck, good luck.. You will do great weight and see. Ha Ha.

β™₯ Kenz β™₯
    April 29, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I want to be very clear about the Bodybugg..I didn't mean for this post to turn into a review of it, but I see that it did so I should say a couple more things.

It's a super cool gadget. I like knowing that when I sweat my guts out working out that I can burn over 700 calories in 50 minutes. I also liked seeing that last night, when I didn't push quite as hard, I burned 590 in that same amount of time. I love techy gadgets, and the info. is fun to learn.

The friends I have who use the 'bugg are satisfied with it so it's a good thing even if not my favorite thing.

If you're interested in it then try it for yourself. Don't let my thoughts sway you too much because I've already found what works for me – eating properly and exercising. And I love being active so I'm motivated even without the 'bugg (most of the time.)

I don't want to take away the fun for anyone else who'd choose to try it otherwise..that's all. πŸ™‚

Seth
    April 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm

cool post!

Tiffany
    April 29, 2010 at 9:09 pm

First off: I will totally fight you for Matt! *swoon* πŸ™‚
    Second: Good Luck on your weigh in!!
    Third: My mom's name is Mom too! LOL πŸ™‚
    Forth: Thanks for your opinion on the 'Bugg! I've been thinking about it for a while, and while I am eating right and tracking it, and I'm workingout daily, I'm still curous about my calorie burn while working out. It seems to be one of the most accurate devices so maybe I'll try it out and see what happens. πŸ™‚

Rhonda
    April 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Good luck Kenz! I love your nickname! Loved your survey and thoughts on the BodyBugg. Can't wait to hear you results! YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO A MAJOR MILESTONE! I couldn't be more proud of you!!!!! Notice all the !!!!!!!

Drazil
    April 29, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Have you done BYOC on Friday's yet if you love those types of questions! I'd love to hear your answers! I hope you see the loss you deserve!