A Lighter Version

I’ve always liked pizza, but I had no idea how incredible a slice of pie could be before living in New York. Forget chains…The pizza here is phenomenal! But the unfortunate fact is that while it tastes good, it’s also loaded with fat and carbohydrates.

I was excited to receive this month’s copy of Cooking Light because it’s all about pizza. While the recipe is not particularly light, at least in my opinion, the pizza I made tonight was full of taste, fresh ingredients and satisfying.

Most of the meals I take the time to prepare are much healthier, but this was a nice treat. And it made me feel quite accomplished. 🙂 I’ll work on making it round next time. Until then, I’ll just be proud that it tasted as great as it did.

(Please excuse my untidy kitchen, lack of decent clothing, makeup and
my slight sunburn..I promise I cleaned up when I was done. )

Yesterday I baked stuffed chicken with a little broccoli, provolone and bacon. And tomorrow I’m making a garlic infused roast and great northern beans. Friday I’ll be making spinach stuffed lasagna rolls. Eating well does not have to mean suffering. I’m glad I remember that now.

Sneaker Teacher
    May 5, 2010 at 6:21 am

MMM. I love making pizza and I always load it up with lots of veges…onions, peppers, broccoli etc. The more healthy stuff I pile on the less cheese is needed.

Sounds like you are quite the cook! All of those meals you mentioned sounds yummy!

Kim
    May 5, 2010 at 6:49 am

Yummo pizza. 🙂 I love karaoke too. I've used Singsnap in the past. Where do you get your music from and what do you use to record?

Onewhocares
    May 5, 2010 at 8:25 am

Wow that pizza looks yum! And your menu for the next few days sounds mouthwatering. I like to cook and I'm always trying to find lighter versions of the stuff I like, so way to go!

Karen@WaistingTime
    May 5, 2010 at 11:58 am

I haven't had pizza in a while, since avoiding refined grains. I could try to make my own dough! But until then, I actually am getting my fix for the taste with spaghetti squash deep-dish pie. Really!

Becca
    May 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm

um…..that looks fantastic even at 7 am!!! Can I get the recipe??

~Becca

Physicallee Fit
    May 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I love homemade pizza. My Hero and I and the sidekicks have Friday night movie night with homemade pizza. It feels like a treat even when all the ingredients are fresh and natural.

Seth
    May 5, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Awesome! Pizza is my favorite. My wife and i – after we finish the weight loss challenge that I am hosting – we have made a date to go get some pizza from pizza hut. I'm hoping to be in the 180's by then. It'll have been about 6 months since I have had pizza from there.

Keep up all of your hard work.

Vaia
    May 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Your pizza looks yummy! A pizza trick we do is buy some pre-frozen ones when they're on sale and usually save them for a Friday night – which also ends up being use all the leftovers in the fridge night. So we pile on the extra veggies before putting it in to cook. It ups the veggie count and just makes the pizza more filling.

Jon and Steph
    May 5, 2010 at 4:38 pm

It looks like the dough came out well? Did you like it? Jon and I do tomatoes, chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, and any other yummu stuff like that that we can think of…our pizzas end up being like 4-5 in tall with all the toppings! I hope you enjoyed it!

Deb Willbefree
    May 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Such a great face you have–even without make-up! Deb

Anonymous
    May 5, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I make my pizza crust out of cauliflower, egg, and mozzarella because I don't eat grain. But pizza is a good meal any way you slice it. You are right…eating well does not=suffering! And by the way, you look fabulous!

Deb
    May 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Great post. Your meals sound delicious and remind me that I'm happier when I take a bit of time in the kitchen to prepare good food. 🙂

Jessica