Today is my dad’s birthday so I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things about him.
- He’s smart…
- He’s politically aware (which is cool because politics is a big part of my life.)
- He tells funny jokes (err, sometimes they’re funny.)
- He works really hard. Seriously, I’m not sure how he does what he does everyday..but I guess it keeps him young.
- He’s charming. Strangers usually like him, but so do the people he knows..lol
- He’s talented. He has come into his own in the last few years with his voice. He started developing vocal skills late in life because he was always more focused on the women in his family. We’re all singers too. 😉 And Mom blows us all out of the water with her voice.
- He has grown so much in the years since I became an adult. It’s amazing how wise our parents become as we get older. 😉 But seriously, I’ve watched him forgive when it wasn’t easy for him..repent when it wasn’t easy for him..you get the idea. He has really set a good example for me in my adult life.
- He lets me call him to talk about boys and cars and anything else I feel like talking about.
- He makes the best chicken and dumplings ever…his peach cobbler is awesome too.
The list could go on. I’ll talk to anyone who will listen as long as they’ll listen. 😉 I get that from Dad too. But I’ll stop and call to tell him happy birthday instead.
Both of my parents are kind, loving, salt of the earth examples of the kind of people we should strive to be. They have flaws, but they work hard and love without restrictions. Happy birthday Dad…I love you!