Fiber Filling Foods Healthy Living WW Points

It Doesn’t Get Much Better For One Point

This is currently my favorite 1 point snack. Gina has done it again creating lighter versions of my favorite foods so I can enjoy them while losing weight. This strawberry kiwi smoothie makes two servings at one point each so even if you want the whole things it’s totally worth the points! 🙂

Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie

Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Points: 1 pt
Calories: 63.6 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 15.8 g • Fiber: 4.9 g

* strawberry fiber one yogurt
* 5-6 strawberries
* 1 kiwi, peeled
* 1 cup ice

Blend all ingredients together and serve.

*I add a tablespoon of Fat Free Reddi Whip which adds 2.5 calories. It’s so worth it! 🙂

If you’re part of Weight Watchers andlooking to get the most out of your points you should definitely check out Gina’s recipe blog at SkinnyTaste.com. It’s full of delicious, lighter versions of my favorite foods. I’ve also expanded my recipe index a lot since finding her site almost a year ago.

Make the smoothie and check out her site. You’ll be glad you did.

Frau
    May 11, 2010 at 8:53 am

Sounds delish ! I can't wait to try it!

Karen@WaistingTime
    May 11, 2010 at 11:15 am

Oh this looks and sound yummy:) Thanks for sharing.

Keri
    May 11, 2010 at 11:29 am

I love her website.. so much yummy food!

Julie
    May 11, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Fiber one yogurt is filled with preservatives and chemicals. Just because something is low in calories does not mean it is good for you. Same thing with the fat-free whipped cream. It's not a surprise that these companies do not list their ingredients on their websites.

Seth
    May 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

that sounds and looks great!

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Julie, you're right to a degree. I think about this topic a lot, but I'm not a doctor or a chemist. I'm just a person who is trying to lose weight and live a life that is (mostly) healthy while finding ways to enjoy it.

I consume more clean, whole foods than processed foods, but I still like ice cream from time to time. Most ice cream has preservatives too so I'm, in essence, choosing to skip something unhealthy for something that's at least healthier given the amount of fresh fruit which satisfies my craving for something cold and sweet.

Is it a perfect plan? Perhaps not. But the moment I try to become perfect is the moment that I should just forget about it. I've eaten processed foods all of my life, but I eat considerably fewer now than ever before. And I'm doing my best to consume everything I consume in moderation. And today, that has to be enough.

Summer
    May 11, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Yum!!!!

V
    May 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm

This treat looks great! If you get a chance, stop by my blog and check out the giveaway! http://www.everdaywear.blogspot.com

Sib
    May 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Looks good Kenz. And I agree with your view on whole & healthy foods most of the time and other yummy stuff some of the time. We have to do whatever works for us to get us to where we want to go (ie further down the scale). Sure beats ALL healthy foods then falling off the wagon due to lack of sustainability, and then being FAT for LIFE.