Love For My Body

My totally beautiful blog friend, Sara, from Bombshell Beauty posted about playing up your best features today. And it made me think about what I actually like about my body. We all know I love my mind, right? 😉 But I’m trying to focus on the positives I see in the mirror, and that is much harder.

I’m determined to stare myself down today and find a few things that I like about my look (as opposed to simply not hating it as much as I did.) I believe in positive self-talk, and I’ve come a long way. I love myself on the inside today, but why not share a little love with the outside?

I’ll be back when I think of something…(it is currently noon on Monday.)

This took longer than I thought. It’s Wednesday now, and I’ve come up with a couple of things I like about my body. This was not easy at all. It is getting easier, but I still have a so far to go. I can say that I’m happy with the improvements, but I don’t love very much about my body yet. But this post is supposed to be about what I like so here it is…

I like my lips. They’re full and soft and have nice color even when I’m not wearing lip color…they’re good for giving kisses too. Just saying.

I also like the shape of my eyes. I’m a very animated girl, and my eyes (which look bigger as I look smaller) are a nice shape.

My hands and feet and ankles are also relatively small. I’m diligent when it comes to manicures and pedicures because it makes me feel feminine and cute.

Okay…so that’s all I could come up with, but it’s a start. I’ve changed so much on the inside, but I’m still waiting for the outside to catch up. Until then, I’ll just be satisfied that I came up with a few things to put on the self-love list. 🙂

What do you love about your body?

Foodie McBody
    May 19, 2010 at 5:51 am

This is such a good exercise. I like my eyes and my legs. My arms are getting better but only if I look at them from the top, LOL. (bottom view, not so much) I USED to like my hair but it's been driving me insane lately!!

May 19, 2010 at 7:06 am

That is a hard exercise….I can only say today I love my ankles…it's a stretch. Love your eyes and you do have great hands/nails.

May 19, 2010 at 11:08 am

Hmmmm, this is hard. I would have to say my eyes. They are a nice almond shape. BTW,your nails look great! 🙂

Deb Willbefree
    May 19, 2010 at 12:46 pm

You have a magnificent smile, Kenz. Maybe you weren't smiling at yourself in the mirror–but if you look at most of your pictures, you'll see it. 😀 Deb

Bombshell Beauty
    May 19, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Kenz, you forgot to mention your beautiful smile – it's luminous! And your nose – it's perfect! I have kind of a nose thing (no idea where I picked that up) and yours is very well shaped and pretty.

May 19, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Girl you have beautiful nails! I'm jealous. My fingers are short and stubby.

May 19, 2010 at 2:12 pm

This is tough- I guess I had never really thought about it much. I don't think I hate my body, but I have also never thought about which parts I love.

I love my legs from the knees down. (Maybe one day I will love my thighs…maybe!)

I love my complexion. I have never felt the NEED to wear makeup on a daily basis. Usually a little gloss and I am set. I save make up for special occasions.

I love my naturally curly hair! I very seldom try to straighten it, I just let it be wild and free 🙂

~Thanks for making me think about these things!

May 19, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Love your nails! I often try to think of what i love about my body, and I rarely come up with anything except my wrists and my ankles! I'm going to try and reflect a bit more on this, and maybe blog about it with a link to your post! Love your positive attitude! Need to get me some of that!

May 20, 2010 at 12:10 am

Girl – I just plain ol love you and your blog. I wouldn't even cared if you didn't have gorgeous eyes or hot nails or a freaking heart of gold. I'd love you anyway. Your blog just makes me smile – and I love you for that. You inspire me in so many ways without even knowing it.

May 20, 2010 at 12:16 am

Great idea for your blog!
    I think I'd have to say my eyes, nose and ears….always wish my lips were fuller….
    I love seeing the shape of my collarbones now!
    My DH loves my feet…lol…and I like my hands. 🙂
    Hope you had a great day…..and yes, you should have mentioned that great smile of yours!

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 20, 2010 at 1:13 am

I love the fact that I'm not the only one who struggles with coming up with something. It makes me feel a little better. 😉 But my wish for each of us is to make a long list of things we love about ourselves and really mean it. 🙂 Progress is good enough for now though..

Sean Anderson
    June 8, 2010 at 4:18 am

You're stunning. Just saying…