Healthy Eating Healthy Habits Junk Food

Not Much To Say

It’s weigh-in day, and I’m seriously anxious because I hit exactly 100.0 pounds last week. I’d like to see a decent loss this week, but I definitely don’t want to see a gain. It would be devastating (even though I’d just keep moving forward.)

Life has been good since my last update. I spent the evening with one of my favorite bands and some of my favorite friends…I saw a friend that I haven’t seen since the late 90’s…I worked out like a maniac for 70 minutes yesterday and 30 today. And I’ve made a new, inspiring friend who has helped me remember some of the wonderful things that I had forgotten (for too long) about my hometown. I’ll have my new car in a couple of hours so today should be fun too.

Monday was a tough day, and I ate dinner out last night too (which I have not done on a Wednesday in over a year.) I ate plain, unseasoned salmon because it seemed like the smartest choice. I don’t even like salmon! So while I could have done a few things differently this week, I hope the scale reflects the changes that I have made. I ate a chicken roll and skipped the pizza Monday. I ate a couple of cookies instead of several. And I ate salmon and asparagus while I watched my friends eat bacon cheeseburgers, fried mac and cheese (um, what?) and fried chicken fingers. (Sorry to whine..I just really wanted a bite of chicken though I did have some ice cream so I guess I’ll stop whining now.)

I know that the choices I’m making are better than choices that I would have made before so I’m not complaining. I just want to see the work pay off in numbers again today. Either way, I see improvements in myself, and I feel good about them. There’s a lot going on to make me smile right now, and I’m thankful for it.

What are you thankful for today?

Tammy
    May 27, 2010 at 10:53 am

I'm thankful that I'm going to spend time with one of my oldest friends in the world and that we are going to Hungry Girl's book signing tonight! My bud is even driving me to work — ah, she can worry about traffic and I can gossip!!! I'm thankful that I've lost enough weight to wear some cute clothes tonight – the book store is in a more upscale part of town — cuteness reigns out there! I'm thankful for friends like you who motivate and inspire me!

Hope the scale treats you right tonight!

Lori
    May 27, 2010 at 11:47 am

Congratulations on the 100 pounds! Don't sweat the scale from week to week. 1 year from now, you will have to look to your side bar to see if you went up or down this week.

Have you gone to the grocery store and put two 50# bags of dog food in a cart? You should do that and try lifting them. Think about what it was like having to carry all that weight around.

Bravo!

Keri
    May 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Wow, it always feels like your weigh in days come around faster than mine.. lol. You're so strong Kenz, I envy you. I always tell myself just one bite isn't going to hurt me. Its something I struggle with and you seem to have a great hold on that! Good luck today!

The Monkey and Me
    May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

It's hard watching others just eat whatever without having to think about it, or choosing not to. Every now and then it makes me a little resentful. But most of the time, I am proud that I am winning my own internal battle to make good choices for me, and my health.
    You rock! Best of luck on WI.
    I left you an award on my blog yesterday:)

Vaia
    May 27, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I am actually thankful that even though I am so nervous when going in for a weigh-in, I keep going in. I resolve to make any changes no matter what the scale says. I have that attitude because of you 🙂

Shell
    May 27, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Today, like everyday, I'm thankful for fresh opportunities to get it right.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    May 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Right at this moment, I'm thankful that you gave me a boost.

Now, I have to go to work……

Have a great weigh in!

Annie
    May 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I am thankful for that bowl of oatmeal that I just ate that tasted like mush.

Okay, I'm not really thankful for that! But, I am thankful that I'm on the right track and my WI is tonight, too. I am really hoping for a good loss as I've done VERY well all week.

I'm thankful for the 6.5 inches I've lost in a month from head to toe since starting WW!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    May 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm

i admire your sense of balance!

Deb
    May 27, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Today, I'm thankful for the fact that my body is cooperating and letting me do the activity I've been throwing at it. Previously, it seemed like every time I started making progress in the fitness arena, I would keep getting injured.

Good luck with your weigh in. I'm sure you'll see a loss. I know you'll be fine if you don't though. Nothing is going to knock you off the wagon. 🙂

M
    May 27, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I'm thankful for such a blessed life. I share my life with the absolute man of my dreams and never ceases to amaze me with his love, a for-filling fantastic job…times we share with my Mom..:)…and a beautiful home to live our lives in….and of course our "babies", Sushi and Mr. Kitty…:) I'm thankful for the opportunity to get each day right and for the better choices I am making.
    Wow, I feel better just even writing that!
    Sending skinny vibes to you today. You're a wonderful inspiration. You just got me to get my tail back to the gym this morning!
    Have a great day!! 🙂

LA
    May 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm

First of all … a big congrats on reaching that 100-pound milestone!!!! Good luck with the loss this week – you have definitely made good choices! Feel good about that. 🙂

Today, I am thankful to be alive. The end! 😉